Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Let's spend all our money next year on pitching

Let's spend all our money next year on pitching

I'm ready to put all our money on pitching next year. Let Griff and Dunn walk and go for all the best pitchers on the free agent market. Even trade for a few. I'd love to get Sabathia and sign him to go with our young'uns.

I'm fed up with these position players. Let's just get some good pitching and shut everyone out, and not worry about our offense. Then we can lose 1-0 every game.
    Who's on first?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Let's spend all our money next year on pitching

The risk goes with any player you sign nowadays. There's no margin for error to just spend a ton of money on starting pitching. If you do, you better damn sure make sure you're getting what you pay for. See: Arroyo and Milton. Another big time pitching contract, and we could be in the crapper for another several years.

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    I'm ready to put all our money on pitching next year. Let Griff and Dunn walk and go for all the best pitchers on the free agent market. Even trade for a few. I'd love to get Sabathia and sign him to go with our young'uns.

I'm fed up with these position players. Let's just get some good pitching and shut everyone out, and not worry about our offense. Then we can lose 1-0 every game.
    here here!

I think they should accumulate and develop young pitching in the minors. It's a bit risky to pay a lot for an established "ace".

Our pitching is fine. We need bats. We need clutch bats.

Our pitching is good, but it's not great. Never enough pitching.
    Who's on first?

some people didnt catch the sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by NarrowStairs View Post
    Our pitching is fine. We need bats. We need clutch bats.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    Our pitching is good, but it's not great. Never enough pitching.
    We're 21st in the majors runs scored.

We're 25th in ERA.

Turn Off Ads?