Turn Off Ads?

Thread: John Erardi: Regarding Teixeira

John Erardi: Regarding Teixeira

First things first, I want nothing to do with Coco Crisp, but this Teixeira talk has intrigued me.

I hear the Braves would unload him for some pop. Would they want Dunn? Dunn and Stubbs? Dunn and Alonso? Could we sign Teixeira if we can unload Dunn, Griffey and Arroyo?

I would love to get Teixeira and slap him in at first (great glove at 1b) and move Votto to LF. Votto, Bruce and **insert RF**. If we could get him without getting rid of Alonso it could be something like Votto, Bruce, Teixeira (i'm sure he could play OF) with Alonso at 1b.

Thoughts? Are my hopes too high?
    Follow me on twitter @EricLilly7

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: John Erardi: Regarding Teixeira

when would he become a free agent?

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

I think the plan is to have bruce play RF next season
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
    First things first, I want nothing to do with Coco Crisp, but this Teixeira talk has intrigued me.

I hear the Braves would unload him for some pop. Would they want Dunn? Dunn and Stubbs? Dunn and Alonso? Could we sign Teixeira if we can unload Dunn, Griffey and Arroyo?

I would love to get Teixeira and slap him in at first (great glove at 1b) and move Votto to LF. Votto, Bruce and **insert RF**. If we could get him without getting rid of Alonso it could be something like Votto, Bruce, Teixeira (i'm sure he could play OF) with Alonso at 1b.

There's no way the Reds can afford to resign him. He's going to want nearly $20 million dollars a year. A small-market team like the Reds can't afford to plop down that kind of money on one guy. The Reds need to spend that money on a good center fielder, a good long reliever, and a 5th starter.

It would be awesome, but just not feasible for this team.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

It doesn't make any sense whatsoever. First of all, although I think Teix is a nice player - heck, a very good player - he will demand way too much money this off-season.

Secondly, we drafted a guy in Yonder Alonso who plays 1B and should be his equal in offensive production, at least within a year or two. Honestly, the fact that we drafted Alonso over a guy like Gordon Beckham should tell all of us something about our future plans and who is and isn't in them. Yonder's not a guy like Drew Stubbs who is going to need a few years in the minors. Heck, he should be with the big club no later than next year.

BTW, for what it's worth, Drew Stubbs isn't going to bring a lot back in trade at this point.
    Founder and Ruling Elite of the Derrick Robinson Fan Club. Limited amount of memberships available.

He sure could hit HalMorrisRules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post

The Reds cant trade Alonso for at least one year.

Quote Originally Posted by JWP View Post
    There's no way the Reds can afford to resign him. He's going to want nearly $20 million dollars a year. A small-market team like the Reds can't afford to plop down that kind of money on one guy. The Reds need to spend that money on a good center fielder, a good long reliever, and a 5th starter.

It would be awesome, but just not feasible for this team.
    Dunn + Gonzalez + Freel = $21 million
    Last edited by kpresidente; 06-29-2008 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kpresidente View Post
    Doesn't change my point in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by kpresidente View Post
    Gonzalez and Freel are both under contract for next season, so what's your point?

His agent is Scott Boras. No way does he resign with us.

Secondly, I watched him play with the Rangers while he was here....he was constantly unhappy with the direction of the Rangers because he felt that management did not emphasize winning enough.

The Reds are a year away from doing anything at all. I think he would be unhappier with the Reds than he was with the Rangers.

Turn Off Ads?