Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Today....Could Get UG-LEE.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Today....Could Get UG-LEE.

Arroyo on the bump vs. a very effective lefty in Aaron Laffey. That's a big enough disadvantage.

Furthermore, no Votto nor Bruce. Hopper is in the game.

The Reds recorded 3 groundouts faster than I could type this short and relatively simple post.

Yes, friends, today could be one of those days. If you have anything else productive you could be doing today, might not be a bad idea.
    Founder and Ruling Elite of the Derrick Robinson Fan Club. Limited amount of memberships available.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Today....Could Get UG-LEE.

True, it could have gotten real ugly as I partially expected it to. Today I am quite glad to be surprised!

Crow meet mouth. Mouth, crow.

Hey, he was half right. It was ugly.......for the Tribe!!!
    because at the end of the day, they still are the Chicago Cubs, and they will figure out a way to screw this whole thing up--Marty B.

2013 record:
    GABP: 1-1 Wrigley: 2-0

The Dude is wrong.
    That Joey Votto is some kind of Man Candy!

"For them to boo me like that, it lets me know they dream about me at night. -- Brandon Phillips on Cards fans.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

I can't get a handle on Bronson Arroyo. The guy is unpredictable, as is this Reds' offense.

Hey, I am fine with being wrong about this one. Good win.
    Founder and Ruling Elite of the Derrick Robinson Fan Club. Limited amount of memberships available.

You're Welcome

I figure today's game was the perfect capper for the month: we ended up just about where I thought we would, but got there the most screwed up way possible.

I mean, on June 1, the Reds were within 1 game of .500, and some folks were getting a little giddy... but I looked ahead, noticed 18 of 27 games on the road, only one off-day, and opponents like the Yankees, Red Sox, Phillies, etc... I figured it'd be a moral victory to end June within 5 games of .500.

I just didn't envision clawing our way towards that figure by playing well on the road and going 2-7 at home, and with Arroyo coming out and pitching a gem during a day game while the Reds' bats light up a lefty. It's like the Twilight Zone.

I don't care *how* it happens, I just hope that my vision for July (which the Reds could, conceivably, dominate in the exact opposite way of how they were destined to struggle in June) comes to pass. I believe in .500 baseball!

I'm not *entirely* satisfied by it, but I believe in it, baby.

Rick
    Last edited by FlightRick; 06-29-2008 at 09:19 PM.

Turn Off Ads?