Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Who Should I Keep?

Who Should I Keep?

Alright, for my league, we are allowed to keep 2 position players, 2 pitchers, and 1 rookie.

It is a 12 team league, head to head.

Here's my roster (The important parts, anyways)

C Ivan Rodriguez
    1B Mark Teixeira
    2B Robinson Cano
    SS Hanley Ramirez
    3B Ryan Braun
    OF Josh Hamilton
    OF Carlos Quentin
    OF Xavier Nady
    Util Evan Longoria
    Util Jay Bruce

SP Edinson Volquez
    SP Josh Beckett
    SP Aaron Harang
    SP Erik Bedard
    SP Clayton Kershaw
    SP Matt Garza

For my position players, I am certain that I will be keeping Hanley Ramirez. However, after that, I am torn between Ryan Braun and Josh Hamilton. Ryan Braun is almost guaranteed to give me incredible power, but he will lose his 3B eligibility next year, I think. Josh Hamilton can give me triple crown numbers, but his durability is a concern. I am really torn over which one to keep.

As far as pitchers go, I'm most likely going to keep Volquez and Beckett, unless Volquez really falls off the map.

For rookies, do I keep Bruce or Longoria? If I keep Braun, Longoria could be a really good option at 3B. But Bruce's upside is tremendous, and really hard to resist.

Thanks!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who Should I Keep?

Wow thats a tough one. I'm actually gonna say keep Braun over Hamilton. I would keep Longoria as well. Volquez and Becket seems best too. You're gonna win any way you go I would think. Thats a darn good team.

I agree with Homer on his picks. With Braun losing his 3B eligibilty, Longoria will be a nice replacement. And you can always try to re-draft Bruce next year.
    Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball - Jacques Barzun

Quote Originally Posted by JWP View Post
    Alright, for my league, we are allowed to keep 2 position players, 2 pitchers, and 1 rookie.

It is a 12 team league, head to head.

Here's my roster (The important parts, anyways)

C Ivan Rodriguez
    1B Mark Teixeira
    2B Robinson Cano
    SS Hanley Ramirez
    3B Ryan Braun
    OF Josh Hamilton
    OF Carlos Quentin
    OF Xavier Nady
    Util Evan Longoria
    Util Jay Bruce

SP Edinson Volquez
    SP Josh Beckett
    SP Aaron Harang
    SP Erik Bedard
    SP Clayton Kershaw
    SP Matt Garza

For my position players, I am certain that I will be keeping Hanley Ramirez. However, after that, I am torn between Ryan Braun and Josh Hamilton. Ryan Braun is almost guaranteed to give me incredible power, but he will lose his 3B eligibility next year, I think. Josh Hamilton can give me triple crown numbers, but his durability is a concern. I am really torn over which one to keep.

As far as pitchers go, I'm most likely going to keep Volquez and Beckett, unless Volquez really falls off the map.

For rookies, do I keep Bruce or Longoria? If I keep Braun, Longoria could be a really good option at 3B. But Bruce's upside is tremendous, and really hard to resist.

Thanks!
    First of all, who were you playing with that you stole those players? Highway robbery at first glance (LOL).

To answer your question, I personally would go with Hanley Ramirez and Josh Hamilton in a close one over Ryan Braun, Evan Longoria and Jay Bruce.

As pitchers go, I'd keep Edinson Volquez and Josh Beckett. I guess the rookie would be Longoria, if I had to pick one (but either he or Bruce would be nice).

Longoria, Hanley, Beckett, Volquez and.....................................Hamilton. man that's tough. If Braun were to keep both position eligibility I would probably say him, but doubtful there.
    "The Hall of Fame is there to keep alive the memory of people. You don't need to do that with people like Buck [O'Niel] and Joe [Nuxhall]. Nobody's forgetting those guys."

- Joe Posnanski

Turn Off Ads?