Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This team really is pathetic

This team really is pathetic

Thompson held his own.

Bray gets a key out.

Magic Man gets hit a little, but the fielders manage to make it worse. Votto forgot to throw home until it was too late. Bruce misplayed an easy grounder to CF. What a mess.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: This team really is pathetic

I think you have hit on a subject that does not get enough attention. The Reds lack of fundamentals. It has been killing this team ever since McKeon left. I really thought Dusty would at least be able to fix that. So far, I have been proven wrong.

And you really can't just blame the players. This has been true, no matter who is on the roster. I think this is an organizational problem. Maybe, just maybe, Jocketty can have some effect. The Cardinals were always a fundamentally sound club under him.

It's hard to verbalize how much I think this team sucks. Outside of a few players I hardly even enjoy watching. The entire coaching staff should go and at least 1/2 the players should follow.

When did losing become acceptable? Trust me is is not only accepted now but encouraged, that is the signal this team is sending. It is time to rebuild, of course it was that time 3 years ago too, and 2 years ago, and last year. I'm sure next year will be no different.
    Last edited by Jefferson24; 06-27-2008 at 11:24 PM.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson24 View Post
    It's hard to verbalize how much I think this team sucks. Outside of a few players I hardly even enjoy watching. The entire coaching staff should go and at least 1/2 the players should follow.

We did losing become acceptable? Trust me is is not only accepted now but encouraged, that is the signal this team is sending. It is time to rebuild, of course it was that time 3 years ago too, and 2 years ago, and last year. I'm sure next year will be no different.

Well said. I keep watching but know it's at my own risk.

Cincinnati professional baseball and football have become laughingstocks of all of sports.

While I want to be a fan, I'm almost embarrassed to be one.

I long for the day I can be proud to be a Cincinnati sports fan.

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    I long for the day I can be proud to be a Cincinnati sports fan.
    I couldn't have said that one better myself! I'm even too ashamed to war my Reds hat to play softball in that I always wear.

I don't see how you can say that Cincinnati professional football is a laughingstock, they have the 3rd best quarterback in the NFL. Nobody's laughing at that, they're just waiting for pieces to fall in place.

The Reds have a complete disaster with too many missing pieces, the Bengals are 3 players stepping up from being a playoff team.

Quote Originally Posted by bengalsown View Post
    the Bengals are 3 players stepping up from being a playoff team.

I thought the Bengal mantra was always "one player away."

3 is getting warmer though, I'll give you that.

Bleeding Red in the South SoTxRedsFan's Avatar

Why did a nice guy that grew up in Spain have to end up loving the Reds so damn much. I'm 25 years old, and I've probably seen 3 winning seasons in my history as a fan. Oh well, we'll do it next year.

Personally, I don't blame the defense. It's the offense's inability to score 1 run that concerns me. If they were scoring 4-5 runs every now and then, it might help them be more relaxed in the field and play with more confidence. As it is now, the defense pretty much knows if they allow 2 runs, the game is already over. That's a lot of pressure to have on your back when you're out in the field.

Do you realize the Reds are currently in a stretch of playing 12 games against bottom dwelling teams (Toronto, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Washington), and so far they are 1-3. This team flat out cannot produce any consistent offense. Too many lousy at bats (striking out, popping up, not moving runners). No pitching staff can win with an offense like that. Jocketty seems to have a track record at St. Louis of putting get 'em on, get 'em over, get 'em in teams together. It seems to me the ball is almost squarely in his court to retool this team and get some fundamentally sound people on the roster. Or we will be the bottom of the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I think you have hit on a subject that does not get enough attention. The Reds lack of fundamentals. It has been killing this team ever since McKeon left. I really thought Dusty would at least be able to fix that. So far, I have been proven wrong.

And you really can't just blame the players. This has been true, no matter who is on the roster. I think this is an organizational problem. Maybe, just maybe, Jocketty can have some effect. The Cardinals were always a fundamentally sound club under him.
    Their fundamentals are some of the worst in baseball. Just an example the other night down six nothing and Phillips is stealing. He was safe but barely. They play stupid baseball.

their team iq is about as high as majewski's era

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by akron3344 View Post
    their team iq is about as high as majewski's era
    If your theory is correct, after a few more outings from Majewski, we'll be fielding a team full of MENSA members.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

I agree with pretty much everything in this thread, this has been a season full of bad baseball. We should expect our squad to at least be fundamentally sound, that should be a given for a professional team. We are far from sound on the fundamentals side, and our team approach at the plate is even worse. I agree with the idea of firing the whole coaching staff and moving a few of our player$.

As a Season ticket holder, and a Reds fan longer than most on this site have been alive, I can no longer listen to,let alone watch this team of under-achievers. The performance of this entourage is not worth the effort. It's like watching the 80's team. Mario Soto's numbers would have been frightening except he pitched for the most pathetic team in Reds History. This team with all its supposed stars, plays the same way, ho-hum.

Turn Off Ads?