Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Here's a question....

Here's a question....

Blockbuster.

I'm sending A-Rod and Matt Kemp for Mike Lowell, Grady Sizemore and Cole Hamels.

The way I see it, A-Rod's the best player in the game but Grady and Lowell make up for his production. Kemp's losing PT because the Dodgers are idiots. (He usually sits on the bench on my team also)

And I get a good pitcher, that my team sorely needs. (Really the reason I like the deal; need pitching in a bad way)

What do you think?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Here's a question....

Quote Originally Posted by Gainesville Red View Post
    Blockbuster.

I'm sending A-Rod and Matt Kemp for Mike Lowell, Grady Sizemore and Cole Hamels.

The way I see it, A-Rod's the best player in the game but Grady and Lowell make up for his production. Kemp's losing PT because the Dodgers are idiots. (He usually sits on the bench on my team also)

And I get a good pitcher, that my team sorely needs. (Really the reason I like the deal; need pitching in a bad way)

What do you think?
    Grady Sizemore is on pace for nearly 40-40 right now. In terms of production, he's the best player in that deal (though I realize he's not A-Rod). So my opinion: go for it since you need pitching.

Update:

He took it off the table with King Felix going on the DL. (He has the King, worried about his depth for the time being.)

Too bad, after thinking it over I was all for it.

My pitching's not (too) bad right now, but I could see it being bad in the future. They're producing, but they're unproven or flukeish. (Is that how you spell flukeish? Flukish? Is it even a word?)

Guys like Harden, Aaron Cook, Jorge Campillo, Joe Saunders are getting it done for me right now. My only real stud is Brandon Webb, and he's been a little shaky of late. I could see a problem when playoff time comes around.

Thanks for taking the time though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gainesville Red View Post
    Update:

He took it off the table with King Felix going on the DL. (He has the King, worried about his depth for the time being.)

Too bad, after thinking it over I was all for it.

My pitching's not (too) bad right now, but I could see it being bad in the future. They're producing, but they're unproven or flukeish. (Is that how you spell flukeish? Flukish? Is it even a word?)

Guys like Harden, Aaron Cook, Jorge Campillo, Joe Saunders are getting it done for me right now. My only real stud is Brandon Webb, and he's been a little shaky of late. I could see a problem when playoff time comes around.

Thanks for taking the time though.
    I like Campillo a lot. Though like you, I have him on one of my teams and I keep waiting for him to tank, his peripheral numbers all seem to suggest he's legit. Looking at his DIPS, FIP, K:BB ratio, etc., I think he should be able to maintain this production the rest of the season.

Hope you sat him tonight. Philly's tough.

Turn Off Ads?