Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 6/30/08 Reds vs Pirates @GAB

Re: 6/30/08 Reds vs Pirates @GAB

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    I'd have to agree with that. The one and only beef I've got with it is Phillips in the cleanup role. He's been successful at it this year, but he approaches his at bats differently in that spot. He seems to swing for the fences more. But considering the lineup's we've seen this year...that's nitpicking. :O)
    I don't like BP's approach either. But the way he hits lefties, this year and for his career, any lower than 4th against one would be a crime.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Thom is praising Dunn's glove work last night. I can't disagree. He looked really good with the leather last night.

Dunn grounds into force out. Kepp out at second. Hairston holds at third, dunn at first.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Wow...Dunn and Phillips

BP swings at the first pitch, high and tight, and pops out. Uggh. Take a pitch BP -- it won't hurt.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

With Hairston starting Reds are 18-12. Listening to WLW the other night one of the guys, can't remember which, commented that Hairston is simply an all round better hitter when he's leading off because he is conscious of his job leading off and hits the way he's best suited for. When he hits lower in the order he begins to overswing and tries to power up. All I know is that Hairston has shown me he's a pretty good player. You look at his career numbers and wonder what went wrong because he looks a heckuva lot more talented than his record indicates. Maybe the health thing has some truth to it in his case.

Sheesh! Phillips pops out to SS. 2 outs. Why oh why can't we play small ball?

And they fail to score. You just knew they weren't going to score. They never do so why start now. The offense is beyond painful to watch.

LOL. Votto completes another Reds frustrating inning.

The ineptness of hitting with runners in scoring position continues

There's just no excuse for that. The lack of fundamentals and execution is just pitiful. Votto grounds out to 2nd.

That's not a good job by the pitcher, that's a poor job by the Reds coaching staff for not focusing on the fundamentals. I seem to recall Dusty preaching about those to the media during ST. Shame we haven't acutally seen any.

I forgot who is pitching- they can't score any runs until Aaron is out, it would break all precedent.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Thom is praising Dunn's glove work last night. I can't disagree. He looked really good with the leather last night.
    Hey SC. You are the first to ever quote me in a signature. I fully understand why that hasn't happened, but I thank you for the support
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

I don't know if it's perception or reality, but I don't think I've seen a team take fewer good AB than the Reds this year. It seems like everybody is up there hacking with no real approach.

So much for the perfect game with 27 Ks

Turn Off Ads?