Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ice Cream or Frozen Custard?

Re: Ice Cream or Frozen Custard?

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    There are no Culver's here. Which is probably a good thing for me. A big bowl of custard ice cream after a 'butter burger' is nirvana.
    I'm with you, there. I really like Culver's. Too bad the nearest one is hours away from me. I get it once a year.

Maybe it's because I have Ritter's so often but I enjoy Ritter's custard a bit more. But there's no way I'd turn down Culver's.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Culvers simply rocks. VR's on the money there. We have a lot of them in my area and I have a real hard time passing them up when I'm near one. As far as "soft serve" anything goes, I'll take Culvers over anything.

As far as the real stuff goes though, I prefer Ice Cream over frozen custard. But that might be because I was spoiled as a wee lad by being introduced to some of the highest butterfat ice cream produced at the very place Oreo ice cream was invented.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

I'll second Young's Dairy up above Yellow Springs on 68 (for ice cream, that is).

I used to live up that way and frequented the place quite often.

Pay attention to the open sky

Schwann's French Vanilla was my first love.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

It's funny everyone has always gone crazy about Graeter's, but I've never liked their ice cream much more than any other. Of course, being away from Cincinnati for over 20 years now, it's been a while since I've had any. The frozen concoction I miss the most in Cincy (and I always get one when I return) is the UDF Chocolate Malt. In all my travels I've never found a better malt. Mmmmmm...

Here in Virginia, our favorite place is Milwaukee Frozen Custard Their malts are bad, but their Custard is the best I've ever had. Yummy!

"Okay you guys, pair up in threes!" --Yogi Berra

Turn Off Ads?