Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Which games have you attended in person?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • I've been to a Billings Mustangs home game

6 9.52%
  • I've been to a Billings Mustangs road game

5 7.94%
  • I've been to a Dayton Dragons home game

32 50.79%
  • I've been to a Dayton Dragons road game

8 12.70%
  • I've been to a Sarasota Reds home game

12 19.05%
  • I've been to a Sarasota Reds road game

5 7.94%
  • I've been to a Chattanooga Lookouts home game

15 23.81%
  • I've been to a Chattanooga Lookouts road game

16 25.40%
  • I've been to a Louisville Bats home game

24 38.10%
  • I've been to a Louisville Bats road game

14 22.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attending Reds Minor League Affiliate Games

Attending Reds Minor League Affiliate Games

Check all that apply in the poll.

I figured this would be a bit interesting to see who is able to attend (or has attended) any Reds minor league affiliate games, either at their home stadium or on the road. I figure Dayton Dragons home games will run away with the vast majority of attendance, but I figure there's quite a few folks around here who have seen some of the other teams in person at one time or another.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Attending Reds Minor League Affiliate Games

I voted seeing the Lookouts and Bats on the road, as I live in NC, and thse 2 treams both play at stadiums in towns near me. I have also caught a Sarasota Reds game once through extended spring training. Dayton and Billings play no where near me, but if they ever did, I would most def check them out.

Unfortunately the last time I saw a Reds minor league affiliate play was when the Reds single-A team was in Charleston. The Charleston Alley Cats. I was very young at the time but I can remember watching Jason LaRue and Buddy Carlyle. Stephen Larkin also played down and I got his autograph and told him how much I loved his brother.

One of these days I'd like to go see a Dayton game.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Unfortunately the last time I saw a Reds minor league affiliate play was when the Reds single-A team was in Charleston. The Charleston Alley Cats. I was very young at the time but I can remember watching Jason LaRue and Buddy Carlyle. Stephen Larkin also played down and I got his autograph and told him how much I loved his brother.

Fifth Third Field is a stunningly beautiful ballpark, and I'd definitely recommend getting up there sometime.

I'd like to get up to Billings for a game at some point.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

In 2005, I got to go to see the Gulf Coast Reds play at home and also some away games with e GCL Red Sox, Pirates, Twins.
    Also, in 2005 went to see the Billings Mustangs at home then went to an away game to see them play Helena Brewers.

2006-Dayton Dragons at home, then went to away game with the Peoria Chief.

2007-Went to See Sarasota Reds play at home then went to away games with Lakeland Tigers, and Ft. Myers Miracles.

2008- Chattanooga Lookouts at home, then went to away games with Tennesse Smokies, and West Tenn Diamond Jaxx. And going this weekend to see the Lookouts play the Mississippi Braves.

Out of all the ball parks I think that Dayton was the Best. Lakeland Tigers also have an awesome ballpark. Billings, MT was really fun to go to also.
    "Life is like a baseballgame. When you think a fastball is coming, you gotta be ready to hit the Change UP"

Been to Dragons home games.. too many to mention!
    3 Louisville home games.
    2 Chattanooga home games and 2 away games vs Smokies (Seiverville).
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Only been to see Billings play, once on the road - once at home.

carmack42

Living in Huntsville, I really enjoy going to Lookouts games when they're in town. I might be the only one in the area with a Reds jersey, but whatever.

I watch a bunch of the squad games behind Ed Smith during Spring Training. Those are a lot of fun.

Have been to many Dragons games, (as predicted) used to own part of a season ticket package. As a person who loves to travel when I can afford it, My number 1 destination would be Billings, even though I coulld see Fla. teams on the road in Ft. Myers by staying with family, or for that matter drive 90 mins. to Sarasota.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvsbaseball View Post
    In 2005, I got to go to see the Gulf Coast Reds play at home and also some away games with e GCL Red Sox, Pirates, Twins.
    Also, in 2005 went to see the Billings Mustangs at home then went to an away game to see them play Helena Brewers.

2006-Dayton Dragons at home, then went to away game with the Peoria Chief.

2007-Went to See Sarasota Reds play at home then went to away games with Lakeland Tigers, and Ft. Myers Miracles.

2008- Chattanooga Lookouts at home, then went to away games with Tennesse Smokies, and West Tenn Diamond Jaxx. And going this weekend to see the Lookouts play the Mississippi Braves.

Out of all the ball parks I think that Dayton was the Best. Lakeland Tigers also have an awesome ballpark. Billings, MT was really fun to go to also.
    Someone does Luvbaseball!

1 Sara Reds (Home)
    Several Dayton home games. And yes 5th/3rd is sweet.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

I go to roughly 10-15 Bats games per season since I live about 10 minutes away from the stadium.

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post

I went to one Alley Cats game probably 10 years ago if I had to guess. Have you seen the West Virginia Power play? That park is really nice I went there to see the state baseball tournament.

Hey, D... you need to change your line under your name... (it's 604 now).
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Weren't the Denver zephyrs a reds affiliate at one point in time? I remember meeting Barry larkin as a young child, but don't know if he was on the team or in town as the visitor.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    Hey, D... you need to change your line under your name... (it's 604 now).
    Nice heads up. I didn't see the game yesterday so I forgot about it.

Turn Off Ads?