Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reds need a CF, I would like to see the Reds go after

Reds need a CF, I would like to see the Reds go after

Gary Mathews JR. or Ichiro(sp).I think anyone of those 2 would make a world of difference for the Reds.The Angels are going after Holliday from the Rocks and will have to unload Mathews to make it happen.The Mariners are going to rebuklid and Ichiro is there top talent to trade.I say the Reds need to go hard after one of these 2 guys, sign Dunn to a LTC of 4 years and put Bruce in RF.Now thats a solid OF that would help the Reds win next year.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds need a CF, I would like to see the Reds go after

Great, you want to bring in more cheaters. I think 1 known cheater (Hairston) is enough.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Gary Matthews Jr is one of the most overpaid players in all of baseball. No thanks.

There is no point in even hoping for Ichiro.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Quote Originally Posted by NarrowStairs View Post
    Great, you want to bring in more cheaters. I think 1 known cheater (Hairston) is enough.
    Wow. Steroids definitely put Hairston in the HOF and inflated his numbers. Are you serious?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    Gary Matthews Jr is one of the most overpaid players in all of baseball. No thanks.

There is no point in even hoping for Ichiro.
    Agreed. The Angels gave him his current contract after 1 career year in 06. He's owns a career OBP of .333, and adding him to this team would be more money flushed down the endless mediocrity toilet.

Quote Originally Posted by NarrowStairs View Post
    Jerry Hairston plays the game as hard as anyone on this team, and harder than 99% of the team. He's one of the gutsiest players to come through in the last several years, and i would take 9 cheaters if they played the game the way he has so far for the reds. I think several people people who throw stones at people like hairston, may not understand the pressure you would be under in his situation, and may make the decision that he did.

I would like to see Hairston in CF and which ever combo of Bruce and Griffey in LF and RF worked best. IMO this is realistic and would be great. They would have to pick up a good backup or use Hopper, and this would get rid of Patterson. This is of course assuming Dunn will no longer be a Red, which I am not convinced of.

RotoHester

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    Wow. Steroids definitely put Hairston in the HOF and inflated his numbers. Are you serious?
    So if you cheat and it doesn't make you a HOF player, then it's ok?

The Reds should target Reggie Willits. I've always been intrigued by him. And he doesn't play much with the Angels having Mathews
    Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball - Jacques Barzun

Quote Originally Posted by wojo1025 View Post
    So if you cheat and it doesn't make you a HOF player, then it's ok?
    How do you know some of your current Reds favorites didnt "cheat" Hairston was named in a report, never actually failed anything. How many big leaguers do you think have done some sort of steroid, hgh, performance enhancer and not been caught. Not to mention every owner, executive, gm, manager, etc that was associated with the plague that was in baseball for a while. With that kind of attitude, you should probably just completely hate the game of baseball, because we can't prove everyone who did or didnt "use" or get associated with it.

If a teammate is using and you knew it then you are a "cheater" by association because it's helping your team win?

RotoHester

I happen to love baseball, but way to jump to conclusions.

Yes, if your teammate is cheating and you know it and keep quiet, you're cheating too. Period.

So I can't like baseball because I have morals? Nice reality.

Gary Matthews is overrated and overpaid

Ichiro is past his prime and will likely be on the decline

Next?

I'll take some Rocco Baldelli and pray he can finally stay healthy.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Davis View Post
    I'll take some Rocco Baldelli and pray he can finally stay healthy.
    I wouldn't mind taking a flier on Baldelli one bit. Willits either, for that matter.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Quote Originally Posted by wojo1025 View Post
    I happen to love baseball, but way to jump to conclusions.

Yes, if your teammate is cheating and you know it and keep quiet, you're cheating too. Period.

So I can't like baseball because I have morals? Nice reality.
    what do your morals say about bad mouthing a person you've never met or talked to?

Turn Off Ads?