Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Manny should be Chaconned!

Manny should be Chaconned!

Manny should be cut and not picked up just the same as Chacon was!

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3467042

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Hatteberg is Sean Casey

Re: Manny should be Chaconned!

Despite the obvious difference in the pecking order between General Manager and traveling secretary Manny is a Hall of Famer and Chacon is a career journey man with an ERA in the mid 5's. Not really that close to the same situation. You can bet if Berkman would have pushed Wade the punishment would have been much different.
    "YES! He rips it. Is it high enough? It's gonna be gone! Adam Dunn has done it again. Big #44 can take all day to round the bases here, thats done and gone- lookout dunner they're waitin for ya at home plate." - George Grand

"Did that just happen?" - Chris Welsch

Quote Originally Posted by He got it! View Post
    Despite the obvious difference in the pecking order between General Manager and traveling secretary Manny is a Hall of Famer and Chacon is a career journey man with an ERA in the mid 5's. Not really that close to the same situation. You can bet if Berkman would have pushed Wade the punishment would have been much different.
    Exactly. Manny is the best left fielder of this generation, and a certain Hall of Famer. Chacon doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Manny.

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    Exactly. Manny is the best left fielder of this generation, and a certain Hall of Famer. Chacon doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Manny.
    Without looking at the numbers, I would take pre-juice Bonds over Manny. He was an excellent defender and likely would have accomplished 500-500 without steroids.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

Cut him and no one pick him up so we can sign him next year! Hell ill become the traveling secretary whipping boy to put his production in our lineup.

Well, it is certified that he is slow in the head.

So, it's OK to physically try and harm someone if you are very good at sports?

I just want to make sure I'm clear on that.

Chacon was a bit more violent than Manny....thats the big difference

So, then it would be OK if you were at the Mall with your father and someone got mad and pushed him to the ground? You would just shrug it off as someone having a bad day?

Quote Originally Posted by Orodle View Post
    Chacon was a bit more violent than Manny....thats the big difference
    From what I have read Chacon knocked down Wade and then when Wade tried to get up knocked him down again. It was then broken up. In the Manny incident, Manny knocked the travelling secretary to the ground. It was then broken up. I did not read about any punches being thrown in either incident. The only difference as far as I can tell is that they restrained Manny a little more quickly. Manny is a star; Chacon not so much. Therein lies the real difference IMO. Both players should have been disciplined.

Quote Originally Posted by 44Magnum View Post
    So, it's OK to physically try and harm someone if you are very good at sports?

I just want to make sure I'm clear on that.
    I don't think this is anything new. You can get away with alot of things, if you are very good at sports.
    WHEN DOES IT STOP!?!?

I would accept Manny in Cincinnati with open arms, he'd be the perfect right handed bat to produce runs in this pitiful offense.

He's a nutjob, but he's not expendable, Chacon was.

I didn't think Manny should have been releases a la Chacon, but I did think some discipline was necessary. It's a rather dangerous double-standard to allow a player to assault team personnel just because said player is a future Hall of Famer.

Turn Off Ads?