Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chiefs to ban standing during games

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Re: Chiefs to ban standing during games

Good.

I understand cheering and all, but having to stand the entire game because everyone in your section is doing so is kind of annoying.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

2. Turn Off Ads?

I would assume this will be "selectfully enforced." I can't imagine tens of thousands of fans being reminded to sit down by ushers or a PA announcer when it's 4th and inches in the red zone (no pun intended). Probably just an excuse to shut up obnoxious fans etc.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." Homer Simpson

"I wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well." Keith Richards

People have no common sense any more so The Man has decided to dictate what you can and cannot do. Be an obedient drone.

It's all part of the decline of Western Civilization. Do this, don't do that, can't you read the signs. Get off my lawn.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

I'm sure the NFL is fine with a made-for-TV audience. Canned, full seats, cheer only when appropriate. Next they'll have a guy on the scoreboard with a sign telling people when to stand and cheer, like a TV talk or game show.

I really have taken more interest in college football the last several years, the NFL is getting stale, and the games are really not fun at all in-person, ecspecially at a sardine can full of drunks like PBS.

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    Knowing how much football tickets cost... why paid for a seat when all you do is stand the whole game? Or am I being too literal?
    lol. I look at it more as buying the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack View Post
    I'm sure the NFL is fine with a made-for-TV audience. Canned, full seats, cheer only when appropriate. Next they'll have a guy on the scoreboard with a sign telling people when to stand and cheer, like a TV talk or game show.

I really have taken more interest in college football the last several years, the NFL is getting stale, and the games are really not fun at all in-person, ecspecially at a sardine can full of drunks like PBS.
    I am with you on games in-person, I enjoy going but honestly I would rather watch on TV.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandRed View Post
    This debate happens a lot in college football towns, since you have the sections with the older alumni who either can't or don't want to stand the entire game, versus the younger fans and students who think fans should participate and not just watch. I guess in theory I can understand a "no standing" rule, but asking rabid football fans to stay comfortably in their seats on fourth-and-one is about like asking a hungry dog to ignore the steak you just threw in his vicinity. There was no such thing as a no-standing section in the big football games I went to.
    "Stand up old people" CLAP-CLAP CLAP-CLAP-CLAP
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Good.

I understand cheering and all, but having to stand the entire game because everyone in your section is doing so is kind of annoying.
    Everyone in the entire stadium at Seahawks games stands the entire 3-1/2 hours except for halftime. It's not a place for children. And the weather is absolutely miserable the whole time.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    lol. I look at it more as buying the experience.
    The "experience" I had the last time I went to a Bengals game was that everyone was plastered by kickoff and looking to fight with people by the 3rd quarter. Then tons of traffic afterwards.

I'll stay at home with the remote.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

What's wrong with you people? Getting drunk and fighting is some of the most fun I've ever had.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

In related news: The Bengals have announced they will be ban winning for the next thirty years
    Witty signature.

Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack View Post
    Or Reds games...
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    What's wrong with you people? Getting drunk and fighting is some of the most fun I've ever had.
    Getting drunk and *watching someone else fight* is better.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Turn Off Ads?