Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Something Big to happen?

Something Big to happen?

Taken from Homer Bailey on ORG:

"Take this for what its worth, but my "inside source" tells me that there is some trade chatter going around at the dining table, and Jeff Piecoro is bouncing around everywhere. He just rushed into the dining room saying he had something substantive that he might have to report on.

Don't wanna get anyone's hopes up (or down), but this is the information I have been given. If I get any more I will let you know."

AND

"My source wanted me to check and see if I had seen anything substantial on the internet. There is something strange going on, he just doesn't know what. I'm guessing that he won't be the first to find out whatever it is, as we will probably all find out at the same time."

Probably nothing, but Adam Dunn is out of the lineup.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Something Big to happen?

Hopefully its, "Hey Dunn, go to the other dugout, your a National now"

Matt700WLW says he knows who it is and we will too... soon. MAN this better be good

I can confirm. I know I don't post much and you have little reason to believe me or think I'm not just jumping on the bandwagon....

but Matt is right, the issue is timing. Matt knows what I'm talking about.

i hope its griffey but i doubt it.

Probably another stupid move by the reds. :thumbdown

Quote Originally Posted by stfm965 View Post
    I can confirm. I know I don't post much and you have little reason to believe me or think I'm not just jumping on the bandwagon....

but Matt is right, the issue is timing. Matt knows what I'm talking about.
    Why can't you confirm it...I won't tell...

My guess is that things will become clearer tonight but there are "issues" to be worked out....but no more than 24 hours (based on what I've been told)

As someone said in the other thread..Bailey and Janish for Burnett?

Quote Originally Posted by stfm965 View Post
    My guess is that things will become clearer tonight but there are "issues" to be worked out....but no more than 24 hours (based on what I've been told)
    And just a side question, how do you even know, not trying to say you aren't telling the thruth, just wondering how you and a few others know

Just curious, but IF it ends up being Griffey that gets traded somewhere, who would he represent in the All-Star game assuming he plays in it? Would he wear the Reds gear since thats who he played for during the time of all the voting or does he wear the uniform of his new team? I'm trying to think of an instance where this has happened to see what a past trend has been, but nothing comes to mind.
    I'd walk through hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball. -- Pete Rose

2009 Record while in attendance: Terrible

Quote Originally Posted by highheat11 View Post
    Just curious, but IF it ends up being Griffey that gets traded somewhere, who would he represent in the All-Star game assuming he plays in it? Would he wear the Reds gear since thats who he played for during the time of all the voting or does he wear the uniform of his new team? I'm trying to think of an instance where this has happened to see what a past trend has been, but nothing comes to mind.
    IIRC, Carlos Beltran was in a scenario like that. I don't remember the outcome though.

After looking at his Wikipedia page, it was a little more complicated because he was traded from the AL to the NL and they didn't initially give him a spot in the NL lineup, but Griffey dropped out due to going to the DL and then he got his roster spot. Could be a similar situation since if in fact Griffey is the big trade it is almost certain he'd be going back to the AL.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Beltran

If it was Griffey I don't think he would be in the lineup risking injury so I do think its him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockdwn11 View Post
    If it was Griffey I don't think he would be in the lineup risking injury so I do think its him.
    Thats what I assumed too, but I thought maybe the "timing" issue may have been them wanting to give him a final at bat at GABP and announcing his trade so he can get a proper farewell.. Maybe a little cheesy and Hollywood-esque but something to consider.

Arroyo to Phillies...?

Definatly a move with someone on the MLB roster, all the HIGH END MILB guys are playing tonight...unless it's a pitcher

Turn Off Ads?