Turn Off Ads?
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: RBIs - Hamilton, Griffey, Dunn - ORG

  1. #1
    Retro-Gamer Krawhitham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,729

    RBIs - Hamilton, Griffey, Dunn - ORG

    Quote Originally Posted by Original Message
    Josh Hamilton: 82 RBIs in 334 at-bats
    Griffey and Dunn: 85 RBIs in 547 at-bats

    Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Talk about misrepresenting numbers.
    Not really

    RISP

    Dunn = .209
    JR = .212
    Hobbs = .323

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Umm...Bama
    Posts
    764

    Re: RBIs - Hamilton, Griffey, Dunn - ORG

    I'm not sure why people are hung up on Hamilton so much still. I think everyone pretty much concedes he is a better player than Dunn or Griffey, don't need any numbers to validate that argument.

    We couldn't have gotten Volquez for Dunn or Griffey. It took Hamilton, and quite frankly, I'm thrilled with the trade.

  4. #3
    The Future GoReds33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    2,463

    Re: RBIs - Hamilton, Griffey, Dunn - ORG

    I wasn't overly happy at the time, basically from not seeing Volquez pitch. I thought we were trading the best "talent" in baseball for the best prospect in a lousy system. Needless to say I'm happy to be proven wrong.

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Blue Ash
    Posts
    2,616

    Re: RBIs - Hamilton, Griffey, Dunn - ORG

    .......and then there's always the relapse factor.

    Odell Thurman and Chris Henry were pretty good football players too and we all know the rest of that story.......
    Who's on first?

  6. #5
    The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    4,053

    Re: RBIs - Hamilton, Griffey, Dunn - ORG

    We must move on, no matter how hard it may seem.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    1,147

    Re: RBIs - Hamilton, Griffey, Dunn - ORG

    Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    .......and then there's always the relapse factor.
    ....
    how long will you harp on this?

    7yrs from now im sure chatterRED will still be saying. Well there's that relapse factor.

    The guy is not going to relapse. Get over it, and quite trying to use as some type of justification.


    Also i think were all still early on trying to decide if this was a good trade.

    Volquez is having a BREAK out first half of the year. His last two starts have been far from dominate, i would hold my tounge on volquez until the scouts and the hitters really get a feel for him.

    If volquez ends up being another A.Harang type pitcher. Good ace for the reds but not a pennant team. And hamilton ends up becoming a future HOF. Then this trade could be the worst trade we see in our lifetime.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    190

    Re: RBIs - Hamilton, Griffey, Dunn - ORG

    Quote Originally Posted by bgwilly31 View Post
    how long will you harp on this?

    7yrs from now im sure chatterRED will still be saying. Well there's that relapse factor.

    The guy is not going to relapse. Get over it, and quite trying to use as some type of justification.


    Also i think were all still early on trying to decide if this was a good trade.

    Volquez is having a BREAK out first half of the year. His last two starts have been far from dominate, i would hold my tounge on volquez until the scouts and the hitters really get a feel for him.

    If volquez ends up being another A.Harang type pitcher. Good ace for the reds but not a pennant team. And hamilton ends up becoming a future HOF. Then this trade could be the worst trade we see in our lifetime.
    If Hamilton ends up a HOFer, he'll probably have to have several Barry Bonds type seasons. Not many HOFers had 19 HRs and 49 RBIs when they were 26. Highly unlikely.

    And why would being a pennant team only matter for Volquez? What if Hamilton never wins a pennant either?

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    1,147

    Re: RBIs - Hamilton, Griffey, Dunn - ORG

    Quote Originally Posted by levydl View Post
    If Hamilton ends up a HOFer, he'll probably have to have several Barry Bonds type seasons. Not many HOFers had 19 HRs and 49 RBIs when they were 26. Highly unlikely.

    And why would being a pennant team only matter for Volquez? What if Hamilton never wins a pennant either?
    you dont comprehend very well.

    It meant if volquez is not talented enough to be an ACE for a "good team" But be an ace for a avg. to terrible team. Like A.harang type.

    Im not sure A.harang could go be an ace for redsox, yankees, cubs, whitesox do you?

    This is all how the end UP. Not right now. Right now volquez could go be an ace for those teams. 2 yrs from now nobody knows.

  10. #9
    Member 757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    10,993

    Re: RBIs - Hamilton, Griffey, Dunn - ORG

    Quote Originally Posted by bgwilly31 View Post
    how long will you harp on this?

    7yrs from now im sure chatterRED will still be saying. Well there's that relapse factor.

    The guy is not going to relapse. Get over it, and quite trying to use as some type of justification.


    Also i think were all still early on trying to decide if this was a good trade.

    Volquez is having a BREAK out first half of the year. His last two starts have been far from dominate, i would hold my tounge on volquez until the scouts and the hitters really get a feel for him.

    If volquez ends up being another A.Harang type pitcher. Good ace for the reds but not a pennant team. And hamilton ends up becoming a future HOF. Then this trade could be the worst trade we see in our lifetime.
    First lesson everyone learns on the first day of Baseball 101.

    Pitching wins Championships.

    Power hitters are easy to find, power pitchers with a devastating change up are near impossible.

    And how in the world can you say that trading a HOF OF for an ace of the staff is "the worst trade we see in our lifetime." Having Josh Hamilton on this team without Volquez will not win any championships.

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Springfield
    Posts
    642

    Re: RBIs - Hamilton, Griffey, Dunn - ORG

    Quote Originally Posted by bgwilly31 View Post
    you dont comprehend very well.

    It meant if volquez is not talented enough to be an ACE for a "good team" But be an ace for a avg. to terrible team. Like A.harang type.

    Im not sure A.harang could go be an ace for redsox, yankees, cubs, whitesox do you?

    This is all how the end UP. Not right now. Right now volquez could go be an ace for those teams. 2 yrs from now nobody knows.
    So are you saying that every team has a ace? That isn't the case at all with out looking it up I would say that there are 10-15 Aces in the league if that. Just because you maybe your teams best pitcher does not make you an Ace Aaron Harang is a Ace I know he hasn't pitched like it lately but his track record says that he is and will bounce back very soon. You say that Volquez last two starts have been far from dominate and you are right but his last was far from bad as well . Have you seen Hamiltons stats from the last two weeks? Far from dominate as well. Maybe he is comming back to earth here is his line for the 14 games .


    G PA AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB IBB SO HBP SH SF GDP SB CS BA OBP SLG OPS

    14 60 48 5 12 1 0 0 8 10 1 10 1 0 1 1 2 0 .250 .383 .271 .654


    Over the last month including the four days of July Hamiltons OPS is 785. The guy you love to hate in that same time frame 810 . I am in no way saying that you know who is the better player at this point in his career I'm just saying Volquez isn't the only one who hasn't been dominate as of late.
    Last edited by Lockdwn11; 07-05-2008 at 04:03 PM.

  12. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    190

    Re: RBIs - Hamilton, Griffey, Dunn - ORG

    Quote Originally Posted by bgwilly31 View Post
    you dont comprehend very well.

    It meant if volquez is not talented enough to be an ACE for a "good team" But be an ace for a avg. to terrible team. Like A.harang type.

    Im not sure A.harang could go be an ace for redsox, yankees, cubs, whitesox do you?

    This is all how the end UP. Not right now. Right now volquez could go be an ace for those teams. 2 yrs from now nobody knows.
    Have you seen Harang's record against the Cubs' ace? And yes, I think Harang is better than the White Sox' Buerle, Contreras, and Vasquez. No Harang isn't Josh Beckett or maybe Wang, but he's been a top 10-15 pitcher over the last few years. Put him on the Yankees or Red Sox and he's a stud.

    And you don't express yourself very well.

  13. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    1,147

    Re: RBIs - Hamilton, Griffey, Dunn - ORG

    Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post

    And how in the world can you say that trading a HOF OF for an ace of the staff is "the worst trade we see in our lifetime." Having Josh Hamilton on this team without Volquez will not win any championships.
    Its not working with volquez either is it.

    So one is proven the other way isnt. So i can keep speculating. And you cant.

    Also i didnt say trading a future HOF for an ACE.

    I said Future HOF for an avg NON-ace pitcher. or worse. Could end up being the worst trade in history. It all depends on how the cards end up falling.

  14. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Springfield
    Posts
    642

    Re: RBIs - Hamilton, Griffey, Dunn - ORG

    Quote Originally Posted by bgwilly31 View Post
    you dont comprehend very well.

    It meant if volquez is not talented enough to be an ACE for a "good team" But be an ace for a avg. to terrible team. Like A.harang type.

    Im not sure A.harang could go be an ace for redsox, yankees, cubs, whitesox do you?

    This is all how the end UP. Not right now. Right now volquez could go be an ace for those teams. 2 yrs from now nobody knows.
    This reminds me of a old saying....

    Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

  15. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    190

    Re: RBIs - Hamilton, Griffey, Dunn - ORG

    nm


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25