Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Who would have thought that Jerry Hairston, Jr. would be our leadoff hitter?

Who would have thought that Jerry Hairston, Jr. would be our leadoff hitter?

And be a good one at that. It only took a couple of Shortstops to go down to find it out, but amazingly, Hairston has been fantastic.

After tonight's 9th inning swipe of 2nd, he's 14 of 16 on Stolen Bases, while hitting .341 with an OPS of .869. At home he's hitting an amazing .451!

Nice.

That .869 OPS is 2nd on the team to Dunn's .895.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who would have thought that Jerry Hairston, Jr. would be our leadoff hitter?

I'm loving Hairston at this point, the guy is and has been on fire!

Re: Who would have thought that Jerry Hairston, Jr. would be our leadoff hitter?

Everyone admit it. Maybe Dusty knows a few things we don't.

Quote Originally Posted by UPRedsFan View Post
    Without a doubt.

Same way we found Keppinger. Nice to see guys making the best of opportunities.

I'd love for him to come back next year and continue his solid hitting and overall play (Hairston).
    Who's on first?

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    Same way we found Keppinger. Nice to see guys making the best of opportunities.

I'd love for him to come back next year and continue his solid hitting and overall play (Hairston).
    Hairston to CF! He wasn't bad when he was out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Root Down View Post
    Hairston to CF! He wasn't bad when he was out there.
    I wouldn't mind if he and Bruce platooned for awhile. Bruce has taken better swings of late, but he's in no way the killer of lefties that Hairston is.

Kepp needs to rest that knee. It's really effecting his hitting (0 for his last 17). So, Hairston might be seeing a lot more Shortstop for a month.

Quote Originally Posted by UPRedsFan View Post
    Duhhhsty didnt do crap for Hairston. Hairston earned the shot he got and he ran with it. Duhhsty was just smart enough to stay out of the way (most of the time).
    Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Barmaid to patron "Sir you are slurring, I am going to have to cut you off"

Patron to barmaid "I'm not slurring, I'm speaking in cursive"

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Kepp needs to rest that knee. It's really effecting his hitting (0 for his last 17). So, Hairston might be seeing a lot more Shortstop for a month.
    Have you actually been watching the games though? I'm more than happy with Hairston getting some starts at SS, but Keppinger looks fine. I'd say about 13 of those last 17 outs he has provided have been hit hard right at somebody. He's also made some impressive defensive plays in his last couple starts. I'm sure the knee is still a little sore, but he's fine.

I'd say against lefties keep Kepp at SS and let Hairston play for Dunn/Bruce/Griffey. Against righties most of the time either Kepp or Jerry will probably have to sit, besides an occasional rest to Edwin, or a rare day off for BP.
    Hell, let Keppinger or Hairston play catcher. It sure won't hurt us defensively, and it removes a black hole from the lineup.
    Last edited by Noosh; 07-06-2008 at 02:44 AM.

If you go through the Mitchell report, he's one of the only leadoff hitters.

I hate rooting for him, because he cheated. But, Freel was a guy who walked around the clubhouse with syringes hanging out of his butt (I know a bat boy), so I guess its just its just part of the game these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Noosh View Post
    Have you actually been watching the games though? I'm more than happy with Hairston getting some starts at SS, but Keppinger looks fine. I'd say about 13 of those last 17 outs he has provided have been hit hard right at somebody. He's also made some impressive defensive plays in his last couple starts. I'm sure the knee is still a little sore, but he's fine.

I'd say against lefties keep Kepp at SS and let Hairston play for Dunn/Bruce/Griffey. Against righties most of the time either Kepp or Jerry will probably have to sit, besides an occasional rest to Edwin, or a rare day off for BP.
    Hell, let Keppinger or Hairston play catcher. It sure won't hurt us defensively, and it removes a black hole from the lineup.
    Keppinger is the best player on this team, and sitting him should not be an option.

Quote Originally Posted by NarrowStairs View Post
    Keppinger is the best player on this team, and sitting him should not be an option.

Good player but best on the team? Come on
    Last edited by Lockdwn11; 07-06-2008 at 03:53 AM.

If you go through the Mitchell report, he's one of the only leadoff hitters.
    It's funny how no one cares about this if you can still produce and you don't hit home runs.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

I don't believe Keppinger is healthy. He may be active, but he doesn't look like his usual self at the plate. I love Kepp, and think he is just finding his groove right now.
    Who's on first?

Turn Off Ads?