Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great move by Krivsky signing Phillips Feb 15th.

Great move by Krivsky signing Phillips Feb 15th.

His arbitration hearing this season was for $2.7 or $4.2. Instead the REDS signed him for this:

08:$2.75M, 09:$4.75M, 10:$6.75M, 11:$11M, 12:$12M club option ($1M buyout)

If they hadn't done this, his arbitration numbers in 2009 probably would have cost us around $6M, and in 2010 around $8-9M. Then he would have been a free-agent garnering a contract at over $14M per year from 2010 and on.

We got a fantastic bargain in Phillips. Gold Glove Defense up the middle. Leads the REDS in Total Bases every season. Never misses a start. And, he's really hot right now.

Thanks again Wayne K.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Great move by Krivsky signing Phillips Feb 15th.

And one week ago he was still 26 years old. He turned 27 on June 28th, so what he's done the last year and a half, he should be able to produce over the next 3-1/2seasons. That was a perfect contract signed by the REDS.

We were riding home and the Nats elected to walk KGJ to get to Phillips and I told my kids, game over. Phillips hit Ayala the other night to win the game. I called that one. BP loves hitting in the clutch.
    Who's on first?

Brandon Phillips is fantastic.

You don't hear junk about him.

He does his job every night.

I don't think he gets enough credit.

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    We were riding home and the Nats elected to walk KGJ to get to Phillips and I told my kids, game over. Phillips hit Ayala the other night to win the game. I called that one. BP loves hitting in the clutch.
    Yep, you gotta love a player like that, it makes you wonder why teams do that, with how many times you see JR not come through in the clutch. more out of respect than current production i think.

Wayne Krivsky made a lot of great moves. I'm still pissed he was fired.

Phillips has now gone 76 games without making an error.

If not for some guy named Chase Utley, Brandon would have a permanent spot as the National League's Starting Second Baseman in the All-Star game every year.

Krivsky's great moves really overshadowed his bad ones, and his bad moves usually turned out not to be that bad. Phillips is the best defensive second baseman I have ever seen, and people are starting to take notice.

They said he was 5th in the All Star balloting for 2nd baseman? That's a joke. I can see Utley, and some could make an argument for Uggla (not me).

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanfalcon View Post
    They said he was 5th in the All Star balloting for 2nd baseman? That's a joke. I can see Utley, and some could make an argument for Uggla (not me).
    Just goes to show you how unknowledgeable most voters are.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldez View Post
    Just goes to show you how unknowledgeable most voters are.
    I agree, all you have to see is that Jr. is second in outfielder voting? c'mon

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanfalcon View Post
    Phillips is 6th, behind Kaz Matsui, Rickie Weeks, Utley, Uggla and DeRosa.
    Follow me on twitter @EricLilly7

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
    Phillips is 6th, behind Kaz Matsui, Rickie Weeks, Utley, Uggla and DeRosa.
    The Managers know better and they should vote him onto the team.

Don't disparage Uggla too much. He is 4th in the NL in OPS .995 (behind Chipper, Berkman, and Pujols) whereas Phillips is between Orlando Hudson and Aaron Rowand...

I do think that Phillips is a better all around ballplayer, but the All-Star game isn't about SB's and Defense.

One last thing. Phillips has a chance to be the first Red to have over 190 hits since Sean Casey in 1999. Phillips is on pace for 185 right now.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    Don't disparage Uggla too much. He is 4th in the NL in OPS .995 (behind Chipper, Berkman, and Pujols) whereas Phillips is between Orlando Hudson and Aaron Rowand...

I do think that Phillips is a better all around ballplayer, but the All-Star game isn't about SB's and Defense.

One last thing. Phillips has a chance to be the first Red to have over 190 hits since Sean Casey in 1999. Phillips is on pace for 185 right now.
    Yes, this is one of the years where Phillips should have been a 3rd 2nd Baseman added to the squad. They've done it before, and they do it all the time with 1st Basemen.

Turn Off Ads?