Turn Off Ads?

Thread: REDS are Winning right now!

REDS are Winning right now!

There's your ultimate optimistic thread title.

Bring your brooms tomorrow.

Currently in 4th place and looking for third.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 07-05-2008 at 11:38 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Plan to be spontaneous Jefferson24's Avatar

Re: REDS are Winning right now!

Let us not forget who the Reds are playing. That said, I love the wins and will take them any way we get them, against whoever.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

The Reds are 5-2 in the second half of the season!! More reason to be optimistic!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson24 View Post
    Let us not forget who the Reds are playing. That said, I love the wins and will take them any way we get them, against whoever.
    The Reds to this point in the season have played better against teams with winning records than they have teams with losing records. So that considered, I'm pumped about the past three games.

For most of the season they've played teams with "better" records.

So, with that in mind, all wins are good wins.

5-2? It's the Jerry Hairston, Jr. factor. That's what a difference a good leadoff hitter makes versus an inept leadoff hitter.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanInBama View Post
    The Reds to this point in the season have played better against teams with winning records than they have teams with losing records. So that considered, I'm pumped about the past three games.
    I was just thinking the same thing, LOL It's about time they start beating the teams that they should be beating and if you add this new concept to the fact that they do well and somehow beat the teams who should be beating them, then we could see a really fun second half of the season. I'm having fun watching the young guys anyway but if you throw a few more wins into it, then that's just fantastic. BTW-That Jay Bruce catch in CF was the #1 web gem on Baseball Tonight earlier this evening!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

so far this year hairston has been the most consistent offensive player imo

Imagine this team without the Corey Patterson experiment.
    Who's on first?

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    Imagine this team without the Corey Patterson experiment.
    The only thing to talk about on REDSZONE would be "when are the playoff tickets going on sale", and who can we trade "for" to push us over the top.

Dunn would stay with the team to the bitter end and we'd get 2 1st Round picks for him in next season's draft. (If Jockety doesn't get a better offer in the next 3 weeks, then that's what we will get for Dunn.) The Brewers are going to lose some key players possibly and they could have 5 1st Round picks next draft.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 07-06-2008 at 02:32 PM.

And Dunn's 3-run shot ties it up.

So far this season, Dunn's OPS is absolutely identical to his career OPS number.

By the end of the season I expect his OPS to be the best he's ever had. I'd be shocked if he doesn't end up with an OPS of .950 from July through October.

Reds and 26.2's

If only they could beat the Dodgers and Pirates..

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanInBama View Post
    i was gonna say the same thing. definitely play to the competition.

Lets hope they can keep it going the last time I heard they where 8 game out of the wild card with 1/2 the season left. It can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockdwn11 View Post
    Lets hope they can keep it going the last time I heard they where 8 game out of the wild card with 1/2 the season left. It can be done.
    Exactly! Though my wife laughed at me when I said that and said she could tell I wasn't raised in Cincinnati.

I really hope we turn this ship around and make some noise the 2nd half of the season. That would make for a GREAT fall!
    Let's make some noise!

Turn Off Ads?