Turn Off Ads?

Thread: The NL West

The NL West

I was just looking at the standings and noticed the Reds would only be 1.5 games back of first place right now if they played in the NL West. The 43-45 DBacks lead the division by a half game over the 42-45 Dodgers. The Giants are only four games back despite being 10 games under .500 at 39-49. Two weeks ago it appeared the Rockies were ready to start dealing off players like Matt Holliday and Brian Fuentes but now they have won five straight games and are only six games behind the DBacks for first place. Crazy stuff. Entering the season I thought the NL West would be on the toughest divisions in baseball considering the Rockies made it to the World Series last year, the DBacks played in the NLCS, the Padres lost in a one game playoff, and the Dodgers were a young team with strong pitching. Boy was I wrong. Now every team in the division is below .500 the division is open to anyone.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The NL West

However, if the Reds played in the West, they would have to travel out west way more often, and lose every game like they tend to do. I'm happy in the central. I don't think it will be this strong all year.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I was just looking at the standings and noticed the Reds would only be 1.5 games back of first place right now if they played in the NL West. The 43-45 DBacks lead the division by a half game over the 42-45 Dodgers. The Giants are only four games back despite being 10 games under .500 at 39-49. Two weeks ago it appeared the Rockies were ready to start dealing off players like Matt Holliday and Brian Fuentes but now they have won five straight games and are only six games behind the DBacks for first place. Crazy stuff. Entering the season I thought the NL West would be on the toughest divisions in baseball considering the Rockies made it to the World Series last year, the DBacks played in the NLCS, the Padres lost in a one game playoff, and the Dodgers were a young team with strong pitching. Boy was I wrong. Now every team in the division is below .500 the division is open to anyone.
    Good stuff, good post.

Divisions never seem to stay strong/weak for any length of time, other then the AL east it seems
    Go Gators!

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

We could rename ourselves the Los Angeles Reds of Cincinnati.
    Witty signature.

Turn Off Ads?