Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Proud daddy of a newborn baby girl

Proud daddy of a newborn baby girl

Guys,

I am proud to say that my second child was born yesterday. My baby girl came into the world at 9:40 and weighed 8lbs 1ounce. Go Reds.
    Jack Eliot: I'm a World Series MVP!
    Skip: That was four years ago, Jack. Last season, you hit .235.
    Jack Eliot: LAST SEASON, I led this team in ninth-inning doubles in the month of August!

---Mr. Baseball 1992

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Proud daddy of a newborn baby girl

Congrats!!

Awesome man...congrats! I can't wait to have a family!
    "Rounding Third and Heading for Home"

Congratulations!
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Congrats!

Heartiest congratulations!!!!

My daughters are 17 and 15. They're trying to kill me by being .... teenagers.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Heartiest congratulations!!!!

My daughters are 17 and 15. They're trying to kill me by being .... teenagers.
    Congrats from me too.

My first two were girls and they're now 25 and 22 with their younger brother leaving the teen years in September. I'm sure everyone tells you this, but it flies by. Remember when you're dealing with the ups and downs of daily life and raising kids that some day you'll look back fondly on those moments and wonder where the heck they went!
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Congratulations! Little Girls are really something. I have a 7 year old girl and a 15 month old boy. My little girl has taught me so much about myself.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    Congrats from me too.

My first two were girls and they're now 25 and 22 with their younger brother leaving the teen years in September. I'm sure everyone tells you this, but it flies by. Remember when you're dealing with the ups and downs of daily life and raising kids that some day you'll look back fondly on those moments and wonder where the heck they went!
    I'll echo these very wise words.

Funny thing about kids, the years speed up at an ever-increasing rate as they go by. When they are little, a single year can seem like an eternity. But as the years begin to stack up, they just start flyin'. Hard to believe my baby is going to be a sophomore in HS.

Cherish those years.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Congratulations! Enjoy every moment.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Thanks guys. I will tell you what. I have been taking care of our older daughter for the last two days while my wife is in the hospital and I can tell you, I never want to be and have a new appreciation for all single parents.
    Jack Eliot: I'm a World Series MVP!
    Skip: That was four years ago, Jack. Last season, you hit .235.
    Jack Eliot: LAST SEASON, I led this team in ninth-inning doubles in the month of August!

---Mr. Baseball 1992

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Congratulations!!!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I'll echo these very wise words.

Funny thing about kids, the years speed up at an ever-increasing rate as they go by. When they are little, a single year can seem like an eternity. But as the years begin to stack up, they just start flyin'. Hard to believe my baby is going to be a sophomore in HS.

Cherish those years.
    My younger daughter just graduated from college (and is moving to Atlanta for a year - good basball girl; one thing she liked about this job is their offices are just on the other side of I-75 from Turner Field!) and her older sister has been out for three years (she bought me dinner a few months ago - I liked that!) and my "baby" son will be 20 in September.

I can't imagine how it is for my folks as six of us are older than 50 now. When my one brother passed away back in 02, someone asked my dad if he was one of the brothers (there were six boys in our family). I told dad, "It's not that you look young enough, it's that we're looking so doggone old!).

I'm liking my kids alot as adults though. But I still pine when I see little ones and remember holding their hands or playing games, etc. Like I said, enjoy it even in the dailyness of it all. They're a wonder.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

As people have said in other threads: This thread is worthless without pictures.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Congrats... my boy will enter the world in about 7 more weeks

Turn Off Ads?