Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what is your "crunch" food?

what is your "crunch" food?

I have two. One is healthy, the other not so much.

First, the healthy one which is an assortment of nuts: Mostly cashews, but often I add in walnuts, almonds, pistachios and/or hazelnuts.

The other is Tostitos:

I could probably give up the tostitos without too much trouble, but that would probably lead me to eating even more nuts than I already eat. Did I fail to mention that I probably eat at least 4 - 8 servings of the above mentioned nuts every day? Despite the health benefits of eating a "handful" of nuts a day, when one eats them like they're going out of style like me, it really adds up the daily caloric intake.

Basically, I'm looking for some healthy alternatives in which I can reduce my intake of nuts and yet still give me the "crunch" that I need. I don't like pretzels or popcorn, so those are out.

Help

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: what is your "crunch" food?

I heard on the news today that authorities in GB have ruled that Pringles are not potato chips, so they might or might not be healthy, depending on what they really are.

My guess, though, is not.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Celery. Sweet, sweet celery.
    Witty signature.

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    Celery. Sweet, sweet celery.
    Ah celery, the only food you burn calories by eating. If only Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia were the same...

How do you feel about some of the 'newer' rice cakes. They sell them in lots of flavors and they are small bite size and have lots of crunch. So far I've tried a couple cheese, and ranch ones, and there is a Carmel drizzled one for the sweet crunch. You can also get a multi-grain type that I like better than the rice ones.
    In those things which we commit to practice we can master, and with mastery we have the freedom to use these skills whenever we desire, without this practice we are slaves to our inability.

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

'Ants on a log' - celery with peanut butter on it, topped with raisons. My wife looked at me like I have 2 heads when I told her I had never heard of it. I have eaten it probably 8 out of the last 10 days .... making up for lost time.

GL

Heath bar.

Buttered Popcorn.

In any order.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Quote Originally Posted by Oxilon View Post
    Ah celery, the only food you burn calories by eating. If only Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia were the same...
    My sister once went on a catabolic foods diet. There are lots of negative-calorie foods out there. She did lose weight, but fell off the catabolic wagon after about six weeks. Here is a link.

http://www.drkaslow.com/html/catabolic_foods.html

Pretzels. Less oil and fat than potato chips, but nearly as much salt.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Celery and Captain Crunch Berries, (not together though)

Crunch topping in/on Sushi pretty good too.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." Homer Simpson

"I wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well." Keith Richards

Quote Originally Posted by PedroBourbon View Post
    Celery and Captain Crunch Berries, (not together though)

Crunch topping in/on Sushi pretty good too.
    mmm Captain Crunch Berries. I used to eat em until the roof of my mouth was numb.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Love the Buffalo Wing Pringles.

Flaming hot fries
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Snap peas are a good choice when celery gets tiresome. They cost more than and don't stay fresh as long as celery, though.

Bell peppers are another good one.

I wish I liked fresh broccoli better, but I have trouble getting through a bag of that stuff.
    /r/reds

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I'm quite fond of radishes. Of course you can drink a lot of water munching on those, which isn't really a bad thing unless you're on a long trip and have to stop at every rest area.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Turn Off Ads?