Looks like a good deal to me.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: A trade Id like to see with the Dodgers

Quote Originally Posted by fewfirstchoice View Post
    Send Dunn and Hariston(sp) to LA

get

Kemp and Hu(the young SS)

Looks like a good deal to me.

subtract hairston, and hu, and i'd be in, but I absolutely wouldn't even want hu if they were giving him away. he looked clueless at the plate when they were playing the reds, and just seems to be an annoying player to me, plus, hairston has really grown on me, he's a baller.

unfortunately at this point hairston might have as much trade value as anyone.. since he is cheap and has proven he can play multiple positions and bat leadoff well..

we need to keep hairston.

This team will never contend without a lead off guy.

If Hairston is traded the Dusty will move Bruce to lead off which will screw up the kid even more.
    Or the one who's name should never be mentioned gets his lead off spot back.....The Horror!!
    The Hunt for a Reds October.

I don't think the Dodgers would do that with someone who has as much potential as Kemp, though I would take that deal in a heartbeat.

Hu needs some more work in the minors...he's like Janish, though not as good with the glove, but more bat potential

Could Hu lead off?
    Follow me on twitter @EricLilly7

Could someone please explain to me why there is such an infatuation for Matt Kemp on this board. For the life of me I do not understand it.

The guy is OPSing a paltry .761 and is on pace to K a whopping 178 times. Correct me if I am wrong but isn't one of the major offensive flaws on this team the fact that most of this team goes up hacking at every pitch. Do we really need another guy like that?

Not only that, but from everything I have seen he projects as a corner OF not a CF and since we already have Bruce in RF that slots him in LF and while people on this board love to tout his defense, he would have to be the greatest defensive LF in the history of baseball to make up for his .427 slugging. The guy is on a pace for 12 HRs this year and before anyone starts telling me how Dodger stadium cuts down on power number keep in mind he has 1 HR on the road this year.

fewfirstchoice: I am sorry I don't mean to pick on you at all but I constantly see people on this board clamoring for Kemp and you were just the latest.

Quote Originally Posted by krm1580 View Post
    Could someone please explain to me why there is such an infatuation for Matt Kemp on this board. For the life of me I do not understand it.

The guy is OPSing a paltry .761 and is on pace to K a whopping 178 times. Correct me if I am wrong but isn't one of the major offensive flaws on this team the fact that most of this team goes up hacking at every pitch. Do we really need another guy like that?

Not only that, but from everything I have seen he projects as a corner OF not a CF and since we already have Bruce in RF that slots him in LF and while people on this board love to tout his defense, he would have to be the greatest defensive LF in the history of baseball to make up for his .427 slugging. The guy is on a pace for 12 HRs this year and before anyone starts telling me how Dodger stadium cuts down on power number keep in mind he has 1 HR on the road this year.

fewfirstchoice: I am sorry I don't mean to pick on you at all but I constantly see people on this board clamoring for Kemp and you were just the latest.
    I can't explain it, but i agree with you. I don't think kemp would be a bad pick-up, but he's not what he's cracked up to be by many on the board imo.

Ugh, no Hu. We got rid of Juan Castro (thank god), and then virtually everyone on this board wants to bring him back in the form of Hu. I wish the Dodgers would've kept castro and I hope they keep Hu. I don't want him for a bag of balls.

We would have to throw in Hairston to swap Dunn for Kemp, we can always go back after Hairston at the end of the year. Why not get Hu and put him in AAA, maybe his bat is just behind his glove.

I think we should drop the Kemp crapola, Dunn gets on base ALOT more than he does. Kemp is over-rated simply
    Bowled 9 300 games, semi-retired!

Nothing like bowling a 300 game

Turn Off Ads?