Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Richie Sexson Released

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Richie Sexson Released

Re: Richie Sexson Released

we released Dunn?

wow, he used to be scary with milwuakee.

there is the right handed power bat we need!

"The Mariners would have loved to have been able to trade the .218-hitting Sexson, but his $14 million salary this season made that nearly impossible."

...I can dig it.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    there is the right handed power bat we need!
    I, myself, was kidding about it. My guess would be JimBo picks him up, he was always infatuated with Russell Branyans home run potential off the bench.

This guy is better than Javier Valentin, who I have seen pinch-hitting from the right side of the plate on numerous occasions. Why isn't he worth a flyer on the change of scenery, strong performances in the past theory?

got alil captain in u?

Somebody will take a flyer on him.He was scary good when he was with the brew crew. The north west wasn't very kind to richie.

Stay.

Far.

Away.

People complain about Adam Dunn... well Sexson is essentially a player that probably isn't good enough to be called a poor man's Dunn.

His average was never attractive, and his strikeouts were many. Well, even worse, his OPS the last two seasons has been below .700 and even in 2006 it was at a good, but not great .830.

The days of his slugging .500 is over with.

At a small salary for the rest of the year, I'd be all for it. He's good enough to be our number one righty off the bench, and could spot start at first when needed.

I'd definitely take a look at Sexson if I were the Reds. One of the Reds biggest weaknesses the past few years has been hitting left handed pitchers and that's a strength of Sexson. Besides the Reds bench really isn't so stellar as currently constituted. I wouldn't want him starting every day, but I think he could help address some of the Reds most glaring problems.

The Reds DO NOT need Dave Kingman. Players that get released during the season are not worth the time. We don't need to get older.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Wouldnt we get him for next to nothing? Seems like Seattle has to pay him wherever he ends up.

i've been living in seattle the last 3 years and have seen all the ups and downs with richie.. he can't handle any pressure and everytime he gets booed he pouts and you can be sure he'll go in to an 0-30 slump. A lot of the mariners fans i know call him the "inning killer" for his gidp's and k's with 2 outs and risp

Turn Off Ads?