Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OSN at it again, Arroyo talks heating up

OSN at it again, Arroyo talks heating up

Note: Take this post for what is worth like always, you can choose to believe it or not that is up to you
    . From the same guys who started the Arroyo idea before at OSN http://ohiosportsnews.blogspot.com/
    "EDIT 3:03 PM: With LHP Erik Bedard hitting the DL, the list of available pitching became even slimmer, potentially affecting the price teams would pay for Arroyo.
    OSN has learned that there have been new developments on the Bronson Arroyo trade talks and a few new teams have thrown their hats in the ring.
    Philadelphia, along now with Atlanta, both New York teams, and Los Angeles. Trade talks have been intensified but there doesn't seem to be a clear leader at this point.
    OSN is also told that the offer from the Phillies is still the one the Reds like the most and could use the leverage from other teams' interest in sweetening the offer from the PhilsMore to come later."

So take this for what its worth, please!
    but despite another poor to mediocre(considering who he is throwing against today) performance it seems that Arroyo is starting to become one of the better options of the desimated pitching market that is left.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: OSN at it again, Arroyo talks heating up

Bad day to judge pitching performances at Wrigley with the wind blowing out.
    Who's on first?

Another "win" for Arroyo can't hurt tho.

I am on the fence whether I deem that site credible or not, but I'll say this:

Anyone can (correctly) assume the interest in Arroyo is likely picking up steam as 1. Sabathia & Harden were just traded, 2. Bedard went down and 3. Walt Jocketty just said so yesterday.

So obviously this site is probably right regardless. Now the question remains is "do they know anything we couldn't already figure out?"

This was an easy conclusion to make, though I won't automatically assume it's nothing more than just that. Regardless, I do think Arroyo's value will go up out of demand.

Arroyo can be an innings eater, at times.
    Who's on first?

I'm not sure about trading him now, especially with the uncertainty of Harang. I know this may be the best time for a salary dump, but the Reds don't exactly have many other options(starters). I don't think Bailey or Thompson will be as good as Arroyo for the long haul.JMO

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    Bad day to judge pitching performances at Wrigley with the wind blowing out.
    He didn't give up 7 homeruns like Cubs pitching did....only 1.

I wonder which LA team it is...

Quote Originally Posted by David Cubbedge View Post
    I wonder which LA team it is...
    I think they mean the Dodgers.

I was willing to give OSN the benefit of the doubt, but they actually were wrong about the rumor that the ORG started. The rumor that Matt700WLW and "Homer Bailey" heard was Weathers, not Arroyo. They also got the CC rumor wrong, had the wrong players in the deal. Hard to believe them now. But you never know.

I'm willing to dump every high priced player on the team, except for Phillips and Harang.
    Who's on first?

I suppose it depends on what you say high price is? If it is sheer salary then I would possibly agree with you. But if you mean high priced in terms of what the player is getting based on his value (Volquez=cheap cause of production/cost whereas free=expensive cause of production/cost) then you would have more trouble dealing some of those guys, which is the trouble the guys are running into a bit with trade talks.

OSN:

In confirmation with what OSN, Ken Madel of MLB.com has confirmed that the Phillies have interest in A.J. Burnett and Derek Lowe and Bronson Arroyo.

However, Mandel also confirms that Phillies are linked with interest to Arroyo. This makes him the first mainstream Philadelphia writer to report this link.

This lends credence to what OSN has been told by personnel from Cincinnati as well as league-wide about a potential Philadelphia/Arroyo trade.

Keep linked to OSN for frequent updates. OSN is in the process of a major redesign and anticipates a launch date in the coming days.

Eventually they will get something right and I highly doubt that Mandel saying Phillies are interested in Arroyo is a big scoop, hell it's trading season, everyone's got some kind of interest in making a move.

I found the Madel article:

The Phillies will turn to Plan B, C and beyond. They have been linked to other starting pitchers, such as Toronto's A.J. Burnett, Seattle's Erik Bedard and Cincinnati's Bronson Arroyo. Gillick said Sunday that he felt Philadelphia will have a chance to make an acquisition, and it was "just a matter of the right pieces."
    Link

thanks DC I was looking all over it. I found something a little like it on trades.mlblogs.com

Turn Off Ads?