Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28

Thread: Teams interested in Dunn

  1. #1
    Member dunner13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    607

    Teams interested in Dunn

    Strong Intrest
    Mets
    DBacks
    Dodgers

    Possibly Interested?
    Angels
    braves
    twins
    tigers
    rays
    cubs
    A's
    red sox

    Any other teams you think might be interested?

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    721

    Re: Teams interested in Dunn

    Where exactly are you getting the info that those three teams are strongly interested in Dunn?
    "Pam, I am public speaking...stop public interrupting me."
    -Michael Scott, "The Office"

    "His capa was detated from his head!"
    -Michael Scott on the death of his former boss, Ed Truck, "The Office"

  4. #3
    Member dunner13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    607

    Re: Teams interested in Dunn

    sorry for not explaining more, im just completely speculating from what I have heard. I was just trying to build a list of teams that dunn might get traded to and figured that everyone might have some input on who would be interested, and strongly interested. That was just my guess on how to start the list.

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Blue Ash
    Posts
    2,616

    Re: Teams interested in Dunn

    I thought I was going to open this thread and find a blank screen.

    But seriously, I'm surprised that any NL team would want him. Dunn needs to become a full-time DH.
    Who's on first?

  6. #5
    The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    4,053

    Re: Teams interested in Dunn

    Quote Originally Posted by dunner13 View Post
    sorry for not explaining more, im just completely speculating from what I have heard. I was just trying to build a list of teams that dunn might get traded to and figured that everyone might have some input on who would be interested, and strongly interested. That was just my guess on how to start the list.

    where did you hear it?
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wilson, NC
    Posts
    38

    Re: Teams interested in Dunn

    i can't imagine the braves would be on any list involving dunn

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    721

    Re: Teams interested in Dunn

    Quote Originally Posted by dunner13 View Post
    sorry for not explaining more, im just completely speculating from what I have heard. I was just trying to build a list of teams that dunn might get traded to and figured that everyone might have some input on who would be interested, and strongly interested. That was just my guess on how to start the list.
    No big deal I was just making sure I didn't miss anything. I'm sure interest in Dunn will start to come as the deadline approaches. Who wouldn't want 24 homers, 54 RBIs, and a .900 OPS? And if no one wants him, then fine, DON'T TRADE HIM. If you get a good offer from him, then by all means take it, but Dunner is a very productive player for us and we cannot just give him away.
    "Pam, I am public speaking...stop public interrupting me."
    -Michael Scott, "The Office"

    "His capa was detated from his head!"
    -Michael Scott on the death of his former boss, Ed Truck, "The Office"

  9. #8
    Member dunner13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    607

    Re: Teams interested in Dunn

    Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    where did you hear it?
    no credible sources if thats what your looking for. Didn't mean for the thread to be a credible rumor source, just was curious what teams everyone thought would be interested in dunn.

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    1,147

    Re: Teams interested in Dunn

    Saw an interesting stat this morning on SC.

    most HR's since MAY 04.

    Manny
    a couple other guys
    ryan howard
    Adam DUNN

    We need to rid ourselves of griffey first.

    I believe getting rid of dunn first will be a mistake.

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    434

    Re: Teams interested in Dunn

    I don't think there's much interest out there for Dunn. That's why he is still a Red.

    You have some serious flaws in your game when you are 3rd in the league in HR's (nearing the All-Star break) at age 28 and nobody is showing a strong interest in you even though you are on the trading block!
    80% of the earth is covered by water. The other 20% is covered by Eric Davis.

  12. #11
    The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    4,053

    Re: Teams interested in Dunn

    [QUOTE=44Magnum;1690543]I don't think there's much interest out there for Dunn. That's why he is still a Red.
    [QUOTE]

    I just think we're asking alot more for dunn than teams are willing to pay. Which in a way is good.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

  13. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    35

    Re: Teams interested in Dunn

    Wouldn't it be great if after all these years of speculating, that dunn signs a long-term extension.

    Talk about ironic

  14. #13
    Et tu, Brutus? Brutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Posts
    10,583

    Re: Teams interested in Dunn

    There's been no fewer than three or four published reports in the last 3-4 weeks at various newspapers stating there's little interest for Adam Dunn. At this point, I have to conclude that there's little interest for Adam Dunn - we're not just talking about one or two beat writers saying it, we're talking about at least 3-4.

    Face it, Dunn doesn't have the value that Reds fans assume he does. Does he have value? Yes. But not as much as folks would like to believe.

  15. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    434

    Re: Teams interested in Dunn

    I just think we're asking alot more for dunn than teams are willing to pay. Which in a way is good.
    Not if we get stuck with Dunn.
    80% of the earth is covered by water. The other 20% is covered by Eric Davis.

  16. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,636

    Re: Teams interested in Dunn

    Quote Originally Posted by 44Magnum View Post
    Not if we get stuck with Dunn.
    Will the Reds offer Dunn arbitration if we get stuck with him? I wonder if they wont in fear that he will accept?
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25