Turn Off Ads?

Thread: More trade talks

More trade talks

These are not rumors, they come from no inside sources, just posting some stuff I've heard on XM or read online.

*The Yankees wanted Aaron Harang, but with him hurting they have backed off pursuit.

*The Phils wouldn't give up Lou Marson for CC. That means all you dreamers who want him for Arroyo [whom they do still have interest in] can likely forget it. The Phils top choice is reported to be AJ Burnett, but the Jays are apparently not interested in dealing him. The Reds are in a good position because of it. No I'm not OSN lol.

*Austin Kearns is drawing interest from the Mets. I figure we're obsessed with former OFers here, so I might as well throw in a tidbit about him.

*The Dodgers are looking for a bat but maybe not one as costly as Dunn, more like Matt Stairs or Tony Clark.

*Josh Fogg apparently can be had for a bag of balls.

*The Cards also want a bat and are willing to give up Colby Rasmus and or Anthony Reyes for the right one. Paging Walt Jocketty....

Again, I have no inside information, I simply can read [usually] and listen [occasionally].

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: More trade talks

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    These are not rumors, they come from no inside sources, just posting some stuff I've heard on XM or read online.

*The Yankees wanted Aaron Harang, but with him hurting they have backed off pursuit.

*The Phils wouldn't give up Lou Marson for CC. That means all you dreamers who want him for Arroyo [whom they do still have interest in] can likely forget it. The Phils top choice is reported to be AJ Burnett, but the Jays are apparently not interested in dealing him. The Reds are in a good position because of it. No I'm not OSN lol.

*Austin Kearns is drawing interest from the Mets. I figure we're obsessed with former OFers here, so I might as well throw in a tidbit about him.

*The Dodgers are looking for a bat but maybe not one as costly as Dunn, more like Matt Stairs or Tony Clark.

*Josh Fogg apparently can be had for a bag of balls.

*The Cards also want a bat and are willing to give up Colby Rasmus and or Anthony Reyes for the right one. Paging Walt Jocketty....

Again, I have no inside information, I simply can read [usually] and listen [occasionally].
    1. The Yankees don't have enough in the cupboard to justify moving Harang. I would want more than Austin Jackson and Phil Hughes, and I don't think they would be willing to give that up.

2. While I would love to have Colby Rasmus, the Reds don't have a bat that would be valuable enough to pry him loose (or at least one that we'd be willing to move.) I would like to take a flier on Anthony Reyes, but I'm not sure what we'd need to give up in order to do so.
    Go BLUE!!!

*The Dodgers are looking for a bat ... more like Matt Stairs or Tony Clark.
    that ought to put the Snakes over the top

High five!

I'd heard the Yanks were considering Kearns as well. Now they appear to be looking at Richie Sexson.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    I'd heard the Yanks were considering Kearns as well. Now they appear to be looking at Richie Sexson.
    Sexson and Giambi splitting time @ 1B?

That'd be some phenomenally bad D. Even worse than some claim Adam Dunn is in LF.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

*The Cards also want a bat and are willing to give up Colby Rasmus and or Anthony Reyes for the right one.
    That would be akin to saying "the Reds are looking for a catcher, and are willing to give up Volquez or Fogg for the right one"

Rasmus could net you a Bay. Reyes may get you a Matt Stairs..

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post

That'd be some phenomenally bad D. Even worse than some claim Adam Dunn is in LF.
    At least he won't cost the Yankees what Ken Phelps (another power-hitting, contact-deficient, poor-fielding DH/1B in decline from the Mariners) did 20 years ago--Jay Buhner.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

A trade I would do:

Brandon Phillips for Rasmus, Perez and Mortensen.

The Cards need a middle infielder with pop. They give up virtually nothing from their current roster. Maybe we throw in Affeldt. Phillips and the fact they would have him for many years would have great value to them.

Tell me more about this Mortensen....the others are fairly recognizable names promise wise.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Tell me more about this Mortensen....the others are fairly recognizable names promise wise.
    Clayton Mortenson is a tall, fairly skinny, 23 year-old right hander. He has had some location problems in triple-A but has a lot of promise. He features a pretty good sinker and slider.
    Last edited by Spitball; 07-11-2008 at 07:18 PM.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post

Jeter/Cano would be better off just trying to beat the runner in a foot race to the bag....
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Jeter/Cano would be better off just trying to beat the runner in a foot race to the bag....
    Cano might have the range and the speed to make that happen.

Jeter, on the other hand, continues to lose range he never had and loses a step for each year of age he is on the wrong side of 30.

But both of them seriously might be better off trying to beat the runner to 1B, especially given the current 1B for the Yankees and provided they tandem him with the oh so fleet of foot Richie Sexson.

Turn Off Ads?