Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adam Dunn Prop Bet

Adam Dunn Prop Bet

I've been to 4 Reds games this year (Reds are 2-2 property of Kitty), but the more interesting fact is that Adam Dunn has hit a homer in all 4 games. My brother and I were sitting around thinking it seems as if every game we go to Dunn homers. So I decided to do some research.

Here all the 4 games I've been to this year:
    12-7 W @ Cubs (HR)
    6-4 L vs. Red Sox (HR)
    3-1 W vs. Red Sox (HR)
    12-3 L @ Cubs (HR)

7-0 L @ Cubs
    7-6 L vs. Rangers (HR)
    8-4 w vs. Rangers (HR)
    7-3 L @ Washington (HR)
    11-9 W @ Cubs (HR)

2006:
    8-3 W @ Cubs (HR)
    11-0 L @ Brewers
    8-6 L vs. White Sox
    8-4 W @ Astros (HR)

2005:
    7-6 W vs. Mets (2 HR)
    11-9 W @ Cubs (HR)
    9-4 W @ Cubs (HR)

2004:
    3-2 W @ Cubs (HR)
    11-10 W @ Cubs (2 HR)

8-7 L @ Indians
    8-3 W @ Cubs (HR)

That's as far as the Reds schedule goes back on reds.com, and about all the research I feel like doing, but I count 20 games the last 5 years and 18 Dunn homers. Im going to the game tomorrow night (or tonight I guess), so if I was a betting man I'd say Dunn is going deep.

Just something I found interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Adam Dunn Prop Bet

Hope you're right.

Dunn has to be in the lineup to hit one out.

McClung has some nasty stuff as he can gas his fastball and his curve is really nice but he has no out pitch against lefties and his stuff translates into roughly neutral batted ball tendencies (i.e. he's not a ground ball inducing machine). What's more, while I wouldn't attach much meaning to it, McClung hasn't pitched very well at home this season either.

Basically McClung will tend to fire heat while mixing in a combination of his nice curve and slider to emasculate right-handed hitters. Against lefties he'll use his four seamer less, work away with a slower splitter and mix in his curve (breaks into a lefty).

Phillips will struggle against him but Baker should load his lineup with lefties.

Getting back to your original point though, ya, Dunn has a real good shot tonight.

Heck if Baker wanted to rest Jr's slow bat and go with defense tonight, even Patterson has a shot at a homer....
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Dunn should buy you season tickets.

Something similar has happened to me with David Ross.

Sep 26, 2006 2 HR @ FLA
    Jun 15 2007 1 HR v TEX
    Jun 16, 2007 2 HR vs. TEX

Five homers in the last 3 REDS games I've been to in person.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Dunn homers in every game I go to... and when I'm in the men's bathroom.

It never fails. Whenever we need the runs, and Dunn is coming up to bat, people are asking me if I have to go to the bathroom.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Same here. I bet I've seen Dunn hit 20+ homeruns in the last five season. I've been to four games this year and seen two Dunn homers (including the walk off against the Indians).
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I've had the good fortune to see quite a few of his multiple homer games.

I had a similar experience in '93, but not with an individual player. The Reds were terrible that year and they won every game I attended, and I went to about 15 that year. Of course I was watching the pitching rotation and I went to a lot of games that Rijo started.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

Cincinnati's premiere expedited trucking company

My youngest daughter's first Reds game was the one against the Astros last September where Phillips hit his 30th, a rope that had to hurt when it landed (BTW, Kitty treated the family to tickets and the kids still show off the Phillips 30/30 cards that the Reds passed out after his homer-THANKS Kitty).

Dunn was on the DL but Berkman went nuts that night.

I'm not sure how many Dunn homers I've seen but it's more than a few......
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Boom Goes the Dynamite Screwball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Just curious here...

If you made the trip down here from Chicago, why didn't you see the third Red Sox game as well?

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    I've had the good fortune to see quite a few of his multiple homer games.

I had a similar experience in '93, but not with an individual player. The Reds were terrible that year and they won every game I attended, and I went to about 15 that year. Of course I was watching the pitching rotation and I went to a lot of games that Rijo started.
    Last year the Reds were 10-3 in games I attended, and two of the three losses were starts by Eric Milton. (The other one was the extra inning loss at home vs. Cleveland.)

Dunn hit six homers in games I attended last year, while Griffey had five, Conine had three, Gonzalez and Phillips each had two, and Hamilton, Hatteberg, Encarnacion, and Keppinger each had one.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Dunn just homered at another game that Reds44 is at.

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    Dunn just homered at another game that Reds44 is at.
    RZ fund to buy Reds44 season tickets is now open.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    RZ fund to buy Reds44 season tickets is now open.
    Just won a couple hundred in a poker tournament. I'll be glad to go to a bunch of games with you 44.

No, really... we need to start a fund.

Two more homeruns tonight by Dunn with Reds44 in attendance. Amazing.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Turn Off Ads?