Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Lets celebrate a win! (with some lucky breaks;-)

Lets celebrate a win! (with some lucky breaks;-)

What a great win last night.

Big time win for us if we want any kind of hope of winning or sweeping this series. With volquez on the mound tonight we've got a great chance of taking the first two and winning 3 in a row against two of the top teams in NL.

Now lets talk some breaks.

1.) mike cameron error in outfield
    2.) bill hall throwing error
    3.) jj Hardy Homerun down the line (foul)
    4.) Last strike of the game.

Now before everyone goes crazy about the last strike, that was close! It could have gone either way. But we deserved that call and more. The homeplate ump was homering us all night.

But what a great game and a great win to watch last night. Lets hope for the same tonight except not so close!

Who was thinking the game was over after the brewers jumped out 5-2?

Oh and how could i forget the biggest improvement in the reds gameplay of all.

We actually MANUFACTURED RUNS last night.
    Scored 6 runs with no homeruns.
    Watching homeruns is overrated.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Lets celebrate a win! (with some lucky breaks;-)

The Reds did get some breaks last night but they had some bad one go the other way like Votto hitting that ball right on the screws but right at Cameron. I think I saw Jay hit three just like it. As far as the last strike in the game it looked alot like the call 3rd strike on BP. I was a little worried when the Reds went down 5-2 but I knew they was still in it because the Brewers bullpen is so bad. Either way it was a good win lets hope we get another one to night
    Last edited by Lockdwn11; 07-12-2008 at 11:55 AM.

I loved seeing CoCo shut down his old team. Has to hurt deep for them, when that happens.
    Who's on first?

Quote Originally Posted by Lockdwn11 View Post
    The Reds did get some breaks last night but they had some bad one go the other way like Votto hitting that ball right on the screws but right at Cameron. I think I saw Jay hit three just like it. As far as the last strike in the game it looked alot like the call 3rd strike on BP. I was a little worried when the Reds went down 5-2 but I knew they was still in it because the Brewers bullpen is so bad. Either way it was a good win lets hope we get another one to night

good point.

How about the Corey Hart check swing double.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

That Hart hit was such a lucky break for the Brewers! I thought the game was over after that happened along with the Brew Crew going up by three runs. The Reds did get a few lucky breaks later on but they wouldn't have mattered too much if Joey and Bruce hadn't gotten on base for Hairston to hit that ball that Cameron missed in the OF which scored us some runs. This was a crazy game to watch last night but I was thrilled with how it ended! I feel better about our chances to win two out of three from the Brewers and I'll be THRILLED if we can end this road trip 3-3 and head into the All Star break not too far behind everyone else.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    That Hart hit was such a lucky break for the Brewers! I thought the game was over after that happened along with the Brew Crew going up by three runs. The Reds did get a few lucky breaks later on but they wouldn't have mattered too much if Joey and Bruce hadn't gotten on base for Hairston to hit that ball that Cameron missed in the OF which scored us some runs. This was a crazy game to watch last night but I was thrilled with how it ended! I feel better about our chances to win two out of three from the Brewers and I'll be THRILLED if we can end this road trip 3-3 and head into the All Star break not too far behind everyone else.

3-3.

were going 4-2. I have a good feeling about a sweep.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

I think going 4-2 would be fantastic but I'll take 3-3 if that's what happens this weekend, LOL
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Turn Off Ads?