Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ramon Geronimo

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ramon Geronimo

Question: Why does he not get any respect from the Reds organization? All he does is mostly post zeroes with an e.r.a. around 0.70 in high A ball. Is it because he will be 25 years old in November?

I never hear his name mentioned as one of the better prospects in the Reds organization.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Ramon Geronimo

He needs to be in Chattanooga and tonight. He has flat out OWNED the FSL.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    He needs to be in Chattanooga and tonight. He has flat out OWNED the FSL.
    I had no idea he was 25 until I saw ChatterRed mention it. As great as he's been this year, he should have been promoted two months ago at that age as they needed to find out if he was dominating because of his age.

That's really odd.

For all we know, he could be in Sarasota on his own will. I doubt it, but there may be some outstanding circumstances that prevent him from advancing. It could be anything from an anxiety disorder to wanting to be loyal to his teammates and/or coaching staff.

I would think he wants to get to Cincy as fast as possible, of course he likes his teammates but Im pretty sure he likes making a lot of money.

I could be wrong, but I suspect that there are some logjams and the team needs to be doing some culling in the system and moving folks up.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Does anyone know how hard Geronimo throws?

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Does anyone know how hard Geronimo throws?
    According to lordofthetechs.com, he throws in the 85-87 range. Of course, I have no idea how accurate that is. The stats on there aren't up to date, so it may be way off.

Lordofthetechs.com
    Last edited by GoReds33; 07-14-2008 at 01:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    According to lordofthetechs.com, he throws in the 85-87 range. Of course, I have no idea how accurate that is. The stats on there aren't up to date, so it may be way off.

Lordofthetechs.com
    That could be the reason there isn't more prospect "oomph" behind his numbers. 4 pitches, mixing speeds, decent control - that'll get you a long way in the lower leagues but if he really tops at 87 it'll be really hard for him to sustain that success unless he has mucho movement on everything.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post

Lordofthetechs.com
    Not sure how accurate they are. I see some pretty big discrepancies from some guys that I know have accurate scouting reports on velocities.

He might be the next Marcos Mateo. He's got PTBNL written all over him.

I get weary of reading that such and such a pitcher doesn't have major league 'stuff', and then all they do is pitch and get guys out. In the meantime, back at the major league ranch, all the guys with 'stuff' are getting pounded. If a guy is retiring batters on whatever level it is, especially in the Reds' organization, move him on up. Has Reds' management seen the results of the drivel they have been foisting upon us in the 3, 4 and 5 spots in the rotation pretty much this entire millenium?

charles j

low 90's and great change up as per reds report(july)

Thanks for the info Charles. I wonder why the Reds haven't promoted him to Chattanooga yet? He doesn't have anything left to prove in Sarasota.

Actually the Reds need some junk ballers in their rotation as strange as that sounds. I'd like to see some sinkerballers to team with the power we have in Cueto, Volquez and Bailey. Preferably a LH junkballer, but I'd like to see a Brian Lawrence/ Jamie Moyer type guy in our rotation.

Turn Off Ads?