Adam Dunn lf

Brandon Phillips 2b

Edwin Encarnacion 3b

Andy Phillips 1b

Corey Patterson cf

David Ross c

Homer Bailey p

v. LH CC Sabathia

"This is a big game," Dusty Baker said. "It's the difference between coming out of the break two under or four under. It's a challenge with CC."

Patterson is 2-for-5 vs. Sabathia. "I figured if we win it would be a low-scoring game," Baker said. "I want that good defense in there."

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Re: July 13th lineup

Patterson over Bruce. It never ends.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

"This is a big game," Dusty Baker said. "It's the difference between coming out of the break two under or four under. It's a challenge with CC."

and in this big game Dusty would rather have Patterson playing over Bruce? WTF

I'm going to save my complaining till after the game. All this negativity is crazy before the game has even been played.

He's 2-5 against CC? Oh that's a good reason to play him. Dusty logic. Just like when he said CPatt hits better against lefties. It hurts me.

Quote Originally Posted by CWRed View Post
    He's 2-5 against CC? Oh that's a good reason to play him. Dusty logic. Just like when he said CPatt hits better against lefties. It hurts me.
    Dusty never said anything about the 2-5, that was from Fay. Dusty's reason was that he was putting the Reds best defense out on the field, since he thought it would be a low scoring game. That might not be the right call, but it is very logical.

Patterson leading off the 9th in a tie game against one of the best pitchers in the game. HOW ABOUT A DRAG BUNT ATTEMPT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's not like he's setting the world on fire with his bat!:thumbdown

Quote Originally Posted by dthomas24 View Post
    Patterson leading off the 9th in a tie game against one of the best pitchers in the game. HOW ABOUT A DRAG BUNT ATTEMPT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's not like he's setting the world on fire with his bat!:thumbdown
    We shouldn't even be in a tie game right now because I think Dusty made a mistake taking Homer out and bringing in Bray to face Fielder, then after the walk he made another mistakeby letting bray face Kapler. We should still be winning 2-1.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn_RedsFan View Post
    We shouldn't even be in a tie game right now because I think Dusty made a mistake taking Homer out and bringing in Bray to face Fielder, then after the walk he made another mistakeby letting bray face Kapler. We should still be winning 2-1.
    Hindsight of course is always 20-20. Doesn't the technology exist to ban second guessing around here?

Turn Off Ads?