Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone still believe Weathers should stick aournd?

Anyone still believe Weathers should stick aournd?

The man is way done!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Anyone still believe Weathers should stick aournd?

Disagree, he has one bad game and he's out? Before yesterday he'd done pretty well.

Who do you replace him with?
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Sure I do. I mean, if he's gone who else will you have to complain about?

No offense, but I'm starting to think whenever Weathers has a bad game, he takes out his frustrations by kicking your puppy or something. I know, I know... no one has to read this. But seriously, it's like you're a one man Weathers kicking band.

Sure, his best days are behind him. There might even be a better alternative or two in the minors. But it also may have something to do with the fact Dusty used him for the fourth time in 5 days. An overused/overexposed Weathers almost certainly does little to no good for this club.

A bloop single, you cant do anything about that as a pitcher, usually it comes off of a good pitch also. And then the bunt, not sure who was at fault, but the catcher should be popping out saying me, me, me, or you, you, you if he can't get to it and make the play. The only bad thing Weathers did yesterday was pick it up and force the throw. It wasn't his pitching.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye fly View Post
    Sure I do. I mean, if he's gone who else will you have to complain about?

No offense, but I'm starting to think whenever Weathers has a bad game, he takes out his frustrations by kicking your puppy or something. I know, I know... no one has to read this. But seriously, it's like you're a one man Weathers kicking band.

Sure, his best days are behind him. There might even be a better alternative or two in the minors. But it also may have something to do with the fact Dusty used him for the fourth time in 5 days. An overused/overexposed Weathers almost certainly does little to no good for this club.
    Can you say "knee-jerk" reaction?

First: I don't even have a puppy, or any pet for that matter.

Second: This is only the second Weathers thread I have ever started.

Third: He has a 1.56 WHIP.

or what about the ability.. or lack there of to strikeout their 8 batter jason kendall.. why would you walk him.. that just doesnt make sense.. 99% of the time that is the right call.. but Jason Kendall is their 8 batter..

He should have never been asked to go back out there. That was his third day in a row, sending him out for two innings is asking to lose the ballgame. I'm far from a Weathers fan but somehow I feel the need to defend him here. He's not that great a pitcher, and when you have him working on his fourth inning in three days, he's even worse.
    Last edited by RedsFanInBama; 07-14-2008 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahhhorsepoo View Post
    or what about the ability.. or lack there of to strikeout their 8 batter jason kendall.. why would you walk him.. that just doesnt make sense.. 99% of the time that is the right call.. but Jason Kendall is their 8 batter..
    Kendall has struck out 243 times in the past 6 seasons or roughly 6-7 times out of every 100 official ab's, which doesn't even include the times he walks which makes it even less likely to strike him out. Runners on first and third with no outs, you have to walk Jason Kendall. You cant bank of him striking out and you you are going to have a tough play at the plate, much tougher than a force out. And it was Craig Counsell on deck, it wasn't Fielder coming up.

weathers was never a strike out kinda closer. At least in the last 4-5 yrs or so he hasnt been.

His specialty is ground balls. Or rocket balls. Its usually one or the other.

he'll stick around for the rest of the year. What's the point of cutting him now - are we vying for the pennant?!?!?

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    Kendall has struck out 243 times in the past 6 seasons or roughly 6-7 times out of every 100 official ab's, which doesn't even include the times he walks which makes it even less likely to strike him out. Runners on first and third with no outs, you have to walk Jason Kendall. You cant bank of him striking out and you you are going to have a tough play at the plate, much tougher than a force out. And it was Craig Counsell on deck, it wasn't Fielder coming up.
    Don't try to argue Logic with HorsePooh... if it's not in the BoxScore he can't relate.

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanInBama View Post
    He should have never been asked to go back out there. That was his third day in a row, sending him out for two innings is asking to lose the ballgame. I'm far from a Weathers fan but somehow I feel the need to defend him here. He's not that great a pitcher, and when you have him working on his fourth inning in three days, he's even worse.

Exactly

no.. i would have brought in cordero.. then had him try to strikeout kendall.. BLEEDS.. when i talk about things in the boxscore you still don't comprehend them..

no.. i would have brought in cordero.. then had him try to strikeout kendall.. BLEEDS.. when i talk about things in the boxscore you still don't comprehend them..
    The dude just doesn't strike out. Once out of roughly every 15 ab's. Your odds of having Counsell strike out, ground out to an infielder and get the force at home, hit a shallow fly that can't score the run, or pop out are much better. By walking Kendall you increase the odds of the strike out and you get the force at home instead of a riskier tag play. You increase your odds of the out in that situation and also have the double play potential on a comebacker, sharp grounder right at an infielder.

But of course playing the odds didnt work out, therefoe Dusty is a moron.

Turn Off Ads?