Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Leadership Team Development...

Leadership Team Development...

So I got approached by one of these guys a few days ago in a Kroger. He called me and tried to rope me into a meeting. I did some research and found that it was connected to some pretty large pyramid schemes such as Quixtar and Amway.

Just letting ya'll around the Cincy area to look out for these people as they will pretty much approach you in any public location. They also apparently try to portray themselves as some Christian group, although my guy didn't.

http://otter.covblogs.com/archives/016874.html
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...3203117AAS255W
    Last edited by schmidty622; 07-15-2008 at 10:43 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Retired

Re: Leadership Team Development...

Did you report it to the store manager? They are not supposed to be soliciting people in there, report it and get them tossed out.

He wasn't really soliciting; he struck up a convo and then asked to exchange business cards. I don't have one, but I gave him my number. He called and tried to set up a meeting but I shut that down. I don't think anything they do is against the rules, it’s just shady.

I had a job that they used to frequent. I picked up the lines pretty quickly.

"We're starting an international business, and you're just the type of person we're looking for to join our company"

"do you want to make more and work less? (My response quickly became..."oh, heavens no. I make more money now than I know what to do with) after which point they were speechless.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Quote Originally Posted by schmidty622 View Post
    He wasn't really soliciting; he struck up a convo and then asked to exchange business cards. I don't have one, but I gave him my number. He called and tried to set up a meeting but I shut that down. I don't think anything they do is against the rules, it’s just shady.
    Oh trust me they were soliciting. They stake out public places and look for possible targets. Once they find one, they strike up a conversation to soft sell it to you.

/I worked with a guy who bought into one of these "businesses"
    //He pitched the "business" to me and explained how to find new customers

Turn Off Ads?