Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Riverboat stuff

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Riverboat stuff

My fiance wants to go on a riverboat this sunday night. Anyone ever done this? Any and all reccomendations would be greatly appreciated!
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Riverboat stuff

Is it bad if my thoughts immediately turned to Belterra? Then I realized the OP probably is talking about a cruise.
    The seven most magic words in all the land...
    "If, in the opinion of the referee,..."

Quote Originally Posted by LawFive View Post
    Is it bad if my thoughts immediately turned to Belterra? Then I realized the OP probably is talking about a cruise.
    I was going to recommend Argosy myself.

After being to Vegas a couple of times, "the boats" pale in comparison. I can't stand paying for drinks when I'm playing. In Vegas you can have anything to drink for free. I was at a black jack table at about 2am in Vegas. The drink lady came over and ask if I wanted anything. I said, " I would really like a milk shake." In 10 minutes I had one. That's Vegas baby!!!

"The boats" are real crowded as well.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post

"The boats" are real crowded as well.
    Are the boats still crowded even with gas prices the way they are?

What are the limits at the tables now a days??

Any $5 tables at all?

I love going to the boats but it has been awhile simply because I am not big on crowds or playing Craps on $10 tables.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    My fiance wants to go on a riverboat this sunday night. Anyone ever done this? Any and all reccomendations would be greatly appreciated!
    In case you aren't talking about one of the gambling establishments, I'll offer the following: I attended a wedding a little over a month ago and the reception was on a B&B Riverboat. I had a great time at the reception. It was a perfect night for a river cruise. We were able to see fireworks in two locations along the river.

Although the reception was a great time, I probably wouldn't recommend a cruise. The dining arrangements were extremely cramped and the food wasn't that great. The inside of the boat seemed a bit run down. Sitting outside was really nice, but I'd think you could get something similar elsewhere.

I'd recommend having dinner somewhere along the river. Essentially, that's the best feature on a riverboat. Of course, if you can't get reservations somewhere along the river, you can always try Ruby's at Belterra.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Turn Off Ads?