Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: All Star Selection Discussion Thread

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

All Star Selection Discussion Thread

First big news from the All Star game selection show...Josh Hamilton will start in the game! That's SO great for him and I am so happy about his success this year.

NL team hasn't been announced yet but the AL starters have been announced and there's not any huges surprises.

C - Joe Mauer
    1B - Kevin Youkalis
    2B - Dustin Pedroia
    SS- Derek Jeter (sorry, I'm not a fan, LOL)
    3B - Alex Rodriguez
    OF - Manny Ramirez, Josh Hamilton, Ichiro Suzuki
    DH - David Ortiz (who apparently won't play due to his injury)

No news on the pitching staff for the AL yet. They're interviewing Josh right now.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: All Star Selection Discussion Thread

The NL's infield consists of Lance Berkman at first, Philly's Chase Utley at second, Atlanta's Chipper Jones at third and Florida's Hanley Ramirez at short. Former Yankee and current Cub Alfonso Soriano starts in left, teammate Kosuke Fukudome will be in center and Cincinnati's Ken Griffey, Jr. gets the nod in right. The Cubs' Geovany Soto is the starting catcher.

Source:New York Post

Quote Originally Posted by Handofdeath View Post
    The NL's infield consists of Lance Berkman at first, Philly's Chase Utley at second, Atlanta's Chipper Jones at third and Florida's Hanley Ramirez at short. Former Yankee and current Cub Alfonso Soriano starts in left, teammate Kosuke Fukudome will be in center and Cincinnati's Ken Griffey, Jr. gets the nod in right. The Cubs' Geovany Soto is the starting catcher.

Source:New York Post
    They were wrong. Ryan Braun is the other guy in the outfield. How the heck did Griffey not get in there?!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    They were wrong. Ryan Braun is the other guy in the outfield. How the heck did Griffey not get in there?!
    It was probably force of habit they wrote it down. Perhaps a Home Run Derby invite for Jr. I hear those things can mess your swing up for months. Might be just the thing for Griffey.

something's fishy of why Jr's not in there.
    PROVE ME WRONG, REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AND THEY DID!!!!!!!!!!

Got nothing to complain about, he didn't deserve to make an "All-Star" game this year.

I swear Junior was just in the top three for the OF when they showed the stats during the Fox game yesterday afternoon. This is beyond weird.

EDINSON!!!
    Last edited by HeatherC1212; 07-06-2008 at 02:35 PM.

Junior was like a couple hundred thousand votes ahead of Braun a few days ago.

Interesting.

Is this on TV?

Wow, Edinson is our only All Star this year. I can't argue with that too much but I'm shocked Junior somehow fell out of the top three OFs when he was just there yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
    Junior was like a couple hundred thousand votes ahead of Braun a few days ago.

Interesting.

Is this on TV?
    It's on TBS right now.

I'm a new TWC user..and can't find the channel guide - what channel is TBS?

Phillips should have made it over Tejada, it stinks seeing BPhill never get any love.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    Phillips should have made it over Tejada, it stinks seeing BPhill never get any love.
    Uses HGH and he's still not as good as BP

Last year not winning the Gold Glove was a crime, he will win it this year if he keeps up this amazing pace he's on.

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
    I'm a new TWC user..and can't find the channel guide - what channel is TBS?
    It's channel 57 on my cable but I have no idea if that's the same for you.

And thanks to Chase Utley, Brandon will probably never make the All Star team unless the manager or the players vote him there.

AL Pitchers

Scott Kasmir
    George Sherrill
    Roy Halliday
    Mariano Rivera
    Jonathan Papelbon
    Justin Duchscherer
    Joe Nathan
    Joakim Soria
    Cliff Lee
    Francsico Rodriguez
    Ervin Santana
    Joe Saunders

Turn Off Ads?