Billings - 9:05 - Lance Janke

The GCL Reds are off.

The DSL Reds played at 10:30.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Thursday July 17th minor league updates

Some notes entering tonight's games:

-Chris Valaika has a 12-game hitting streak

-Danny Dorn has two consecuitve multi-homerun games, going 5-for-9 with four homeruns in that stretch.

-Alex Buchholz has reach base in 19 straight games

-Mike Konstanty has a 10-game hitting streak
    I miss Adam Dunn.

OBM I have a question on Dorn, he seems to have a problem hitting lefties, has that been a consistant problem for him in the past or is his injury earlier in the year to blame and do you think he will get better?

Dorn has always struggled against lefties. He is likely to be 1/2 of a platoon in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by thorn View Post
    OBM I have a question on Dorn, he seems to have a problem hitting lefties, has that been a consistant problem for him in the past or is his injury earlier in the year to blame and do you think he will get better?
    Dorn has always been pretty bad against LHP. He's got platoon hitter written all over him.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

I wasn't asked, but I can tell you with confidence that Dorn has always had problems against left-handed pitching. If he could hit lefties nearly as good as he hits righties, he would probably be no lower than AAA right now.

Thanks Guys, hopefully one day he can at least be servicable against lefties cause he kills righties, as far as I can tell.

Thanks Guys, hopefully one day he can at least be servicable against lefties cause he kills righties, as far as I can tell.
    I don't think you will see that day, but still... he kills righties and they take up about 75% of the league. He will be a platoon guy, but he will likely be a good one.

They ought to platoon him with Hairston or Keppinger or someone else in LF next season if Dunn doesn't come back. I'm not going to hold my breath.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    They ought to platoon him with Hairston or Keppinger or someone else in LF next season if Dunn doesn't come back. I'm not going to hold my breath.
    A platoon with Hairston in LF could be interesting for a year until Frazier and/or Alonso are ready (and Votto subsequently moves to LF.) However, I still don't know who would play CF next year. Sorry doug, it's not going to be Drew Stubbs.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    A platoon with Hairston in LF could be interesting for a year until Frazier and/or Alonso are ready (and Votto subsequently moves to LF.) However, I still don't know who would play CF next year. Sorry doug, it's not going to be Drew Stubbs.
    Rocco!
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    It will be Drew Stubbs.... just not to start out the year. I stand by my Stubbs in CF by late July 2009 date.

Maloney pitches to one batter, gives up a hit, and leaves the game in the first inning.

Hope its nothing major, or in the alternative, good news.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

From what I am told, the Dayton game will be delayed by rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Maloney pitches to one batter, gives up a hit, and leaves the game in the first inning.

Hope its nothing major, or in the alternative, good news.
    CRAP. The video wasn't working and I left the room to come back and see this.

Turn Off Ads?