Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Here's Your Sign" Moments

"Here's Your Sign" Moments

I'm sure we've all had them. Whether it involved ourselves personally, or a situation we witnessed.

My teens usually do the dishes and various other chores. Last night, after dinner, Dad felt motivated so I did the dishes, cleaned the counter tops, and put stuff away.

I'm then sitting outside on the back deck relaxing and enjoying a cup of coffee before having to go to work.

My teenage son sticks his head out the backdoor and says "Dad! What did you do with all those dirty dishes that were piled up?"

I kinda look at him, and being the quick wit, respond.... "What they're missing? Those are your Mom's favorite dishes too. You better find them!"

He gives me a funny look.

Check THE D-I-S-H-W-A-S-H-E-R!!!!

Here's your sign.
    Last edited by GAC; 07-17-2008 at 08:09 PM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: "Here's Your Sign" Moments

Years (YEARS) ago I was in phone sales for a music distribution company, calling on regular accounts (stores) to keep our product in stock.

While asking how a particular good-selling album was doing, a store owner actually told me that he had to take it off the shelf because it was selling too fast. He didn't want to run out.

"Here's your sign."

It was probably about 20 years ago during a vacation my family boarded an elevator at the hotel. My dad looks at the buttons and notices the braille next to each of the buttons and utters,

"Why don't they color these in a bright color to stand out better?"

Here's your sign.

A few years ago I had just bought some new shoes. They were still in the shoebox and I was carrying it with me as I walked into my Dad's house.

He sees me and asks, "What ya got in there?"

I replied, "Frogs and turtle poop."

Here's your sign.

I'm changing the sheets on the beds.

My Mom sticks her head into the room and asks "Putting on clean sheets?".

I say, "No, just finished checking the mattresses, and putting the dirty sheets back on"....

Here's your sign.
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

I bought myself a new Civic about 4 months ago. So I come to work with my temp tags on, get out of the car, and a co-worker says "new car?"

"Nope. It's an '83. I've just kept it stored/covered in the garage for the last 25 years."

Many of you know that my family had a devastating house fire a couple years back. It was a total loss. But we rebuilt on the same lot. During the process a gentleman is out walking his dog and my wife and I were there checking up on the rebuild as they were framing it up.

"Building a new home?"

"Nope. Putting in a McDonalds. Just trying to figure out where to put the golden arches."
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I was delivering ice for a Home City Ice and a fellow walked up to me and asked me if the ice I was putting in the box was cold......

The stupidity left me speechless. I assured him it was below 32 degrees.

There was also one Walmart that was notorious for having a employee sticking a thermometer in the ice...
    Last edited by SeeinRed; 07-18-2008 at 04:28 PM.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

The phone rand a couple of days at work, so I answer it.

"Thank you for calling Fed-Ex Office, this is Sonny How can I help you?"

"What's the phone number there?"

"its ***-****"

here's your sign.
    Witty signature.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Just as I finished typing that, a customer just asked me if we have the ability to do copies.
    Witty signature.

My wife while eating M&M's....

"Weird. This M&M has an E on it."

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Calling a friend on their home phone...

"So, where are you?"

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    The phone rand a couple of days at work, so I answer it.

"Thank you for calling Fed-Ex Office, this is Sonny How can I help you?"

"What's the phone number there?"

"its ***-****"

here's your sign.
    You should have given them a different number that they called

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs23 View Post
    My wife while eating M&M's....

"Weird. This M&M has an E on it."
    Wow, that's pretty bad. It's obviously a W.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I can't count how many times someone has approached me in a truck stop parking lot and upon seeing the plates on the van will ask me, "Are you from Ohio?"
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Sometimes I think that many of the "Here's Your Sign" moments are just conversation starters - when people will state the obvious or just to have something to say. I have that happen a lot at work because my desk sits on the "expressway" in the company. People will just say something just because they're passing my desk and maybe feel awkward not making some sort of acknowledgment. Sometimes its OK - but other times I have to stop what I'm doing to make a remark - no matter how mundane it is. The best ones are concerning my co-worker who sits in the same room. When she is gone, even if its up on the in/out board, someone always asks "Where's ______? If I'm feeling tired - I'll just point to the board - but then they'll ask all sorts of questions... "Is she sick?" "What's she doing?" (if she's on vacation). To stop most of that, I try to send out a email the night before explaining all this to stop the interruptions.:
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Turn Off Ads?