Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: For the love of God Blow this team up

Gary Redus Ruled

For the love of God Blow this team up

Im sick of it. This loss was the capper. Woulda been a great win instead its a devastating loss. Send Dunn and his big "oafish unatheletic Dave Kingman strikeout or cant beat the stupid shift" butt to LA with Weathers (whom I do appreciate but is on his last legs) to LA for Kemp if they even do it. If not let him walk after the year. Get Griffey to the AL. Hes toast. He cant hit 3rd.He cant play NL outfield. Hes a DH...so is Dunn basically. If Cordero will accept a trade get him out of here for whoever will take that contract.
    Get younger/cheaper/and MORE ATHELETIC. Were in the NL. Lets get rid of the beer league softball team....good lord Jocketty make a friggin move.
    Hoping for another Reds October

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: For the love of God Blow this team up

Redus,

I echo your frustration, but you must understand that it is not that easy. To adequately build a consistent winner, you must have a dedicated plan of success. With this revolving door of manager, general managers, and poor contracts I only see an organization that does not know what it is doing.

You can't trade for a guy like Kemp when someone else is going to offer a more lucrative deal. The Reds have players they "NEED" to trade. They always wait until it is too late. This year will be no different. The key to trading is being able to cap a player at current production and predict future decline.

I hope Walt has the ability to do this.

RotoHester

It simply amazes me when people makes these posts. So, let me get this straight...in order to make this team better all we need to do is send all of our "bad players" to other teams? That makes perfect sense, because obviously, if we think they are no good and they can't play for us...there should be a TON of people wanting to bring them to their team, right?

Who wants Dunn if he's as bad as this board thinks he is? If he can't play LF in Cincy, what makes you think he can in LA?

Who wants Griffey? If his bat speed is slow and he can't hit in the NL, why would a contending team want him in their lineup? Who makes a trade for a #7 hitter?

Who wants Weathers? Why would someone trade for a guy that "is on his last leg" and who's elbow is held together by a rubber band at this point? If you are a contending team...would you want to bring in this guy?

Look, losses like tonight are frustrating...but they happen. If it's not bad managing it's bad defense. If it's not bad defense it's a bad bullpen. This team is and has been a losing franchise for quite a while, we all know that. Every year fans get excited that this "may be the year". Then, as soon as the team blows a game it's "trade this guy, trade that guy". Easssssssy.

This team is what it is. It's a team that hits a lot of HRs, has some spectacular nights on the mound, and throws it around a lot on the field. I would like to see them blow this team up too, but it's simply not going to happen.

It's hard to blow a team up when noone wants your players!

What a joke. Yeah, Dunn had a terrible game. 1-4 with a HR and BB. If he did that every game he'd be league MVP. Stop blaming the team's best everyday player for its struggles.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

Gary Redus Ruled

Quote Originally Posted by forfreelin04 View Post
    Redus,

I echo your frustration, but you must understand that it is not that easy. To adequately build a consistent winner, you must have a dedicated plan of success. With this revolving door of manager, general managers, and poor contracts I only see an organization that does not know what it is doing.

You can't trade for a guy like Kemp when someone else is going to offer a more lucrative deal. The Reds have players they "NEED" to trade. They always wait until it is too late. This year will be no different. The key to trading is being able to cap a player at current production and predict future decline.

I hope Walt has the ability to do this.
    Youre totally correct. I'd love to have a good young guy like Kemp who all of LA is blaming for their off year even though his numbers are respectable. Fielding an outfield with Griffey and Dunn in the NL was a bad idea for a while now. Thank god after this year theyll be gone (I Hope). Three and Four hitters they are not anymore. Outfielders theyre not. Good baserunners? NO. Theyre killing us. I have no faith in Jocketty. I'd have kept Krivsky.

Quote Originally Posted by Redus View Post
    Youre totally correct. I'd love to have a good young guy like Kemp who all of LA is blaming for their off year even though his numbers are respectable. Fielding an outfield with Griffey and Dunn in the NL was a bad idea for a while now. Thank god after this year theyll be gone (I Hope). Three and Four hitters they are not anymore. Outfielders theyre not. Good baserunners? NO. Theyre killing us. I have no faith in Jocketty. I'd have kept Krivsky.
    This one is even worse.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

Considering that the Reds have over 10 free agents going into this offseason, I think the idea of "blowing it up" is going to take care of itself.

Also, remember that the Mets do have some serious Mojo working right now. When you win 10 straight, someone is looking out for you. If only we played 25 more against the Nats.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Gary Redus Ruled

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    What a joke. Yeah, Dunn had a terrible game. 1-4 with a HR and BB. If he did that every game he'd be league MVP. Stop blaming the team's best everyday player for its struggles.
    Yeah if he did that he'd hit 250 instead of 220. Does the guy even ever work on beating that shift. Hes had it.Hes turned into a Steve Balboni or Kong Kingman.

Gary Redus Ruled

This one is even worse.
    Care to explain?

Gary Redus Ruled

I'll agree if he hit a homerun every game hed be MVP....thatd be 162 HRs a phenomenal season by anyones standards

Gary Redus Ruled

I'll also take Brandon Phillips as the teams best everyday player for my money.

I think we got beat tonight because the Mets are better than us, not because our team sucks. Seriously, we got 5 runs of a guy who went 40-4 with a 2.90 era in 4 years. Not exactly bad in my opinion. The Mets just knock the cover off the ball, thats why theyve won 10 straight. Do we need to fix things? Yea, I'd say so but tonight I walked away feeling better about our team because we hung with an above .500 team that usually beats the crap out of us...and I do agree completely with wojo...if dunn is so bad what makes us think another team is going to trade for him with someone better?

It was just a rough night at the yard I think...
    it's gonna happen...it may take 20 years but when it does we'll look back and remember all of the games we got beat and stuck it out and we won't be bandwagon fans. haha...at least for some of us it hasnt been 100 years...

Quote Originally Posted by gitterdunn View Post

It was just a rough night at the yard I think...
    exactly

Quote Originally Posted by wojo1025 View Post
    It simply amazes me when people makes these posts. So, let me get this straight...in order to make this team better all we need to do is send all of our "bad players" to other teams? That makes perfect sense, because obviously, if we think they are no good and they can't play for us...there should be a TON of people wanting to bring them to their team, right?

Who wants Dunn if he's as bad as this board thinks he is? If he can't play LF in Cincy, what makes you think he can in LA?

Who wants Griffey? If his bat speed is slow and he can't hit in the NL, why would a contending team want him in their lineup? Who makes a trade for a #7 hitter?

Who wants Weathers? Why would someone trade for a guy that "is on his last leg" and who's elbow is held together by a rubber band at this point? If you are a contending team...would you want to bring in this guy?

Look, losses like tonight are frustrating...but they happen. If it's not bad managing it's bad defense. If it's not bad defense it's a bad bullpen. This team is and has been a losing franchise for quite a while, we all know that. Every year fans get excited that this "may be the year". Then, as soon as the team blows a game it's "trade this guy, trade that guy". Easssssssy.

This team is what it is. It's a team that hits a lot of HRs, has some spectacular nights on the mound, and throws it around a lot on the field. I would like to see them blow this team up too, but it's simply not going to happen.

it dont get any better than this post right here. this fella hit the nail on the head. Who is gonna want our scraps? If it were that easy we would do it every year. If the reds are gonna trade anyone, its gonna be one of our studs becasue noone wants our turds

Gary Redus Ruled

Quote Originally Posted by wojo1025 View Post

Im hopin a contender would take a chance on these three. Weathers could work a 7th or 8th for some team short on pitchers..the Dodgers lost their closer moving Broxton up to close..could Stormy setup?
    Maybe someone gambles the Griffey back in the AL and in a playoff race rejuvenates him?
    Dunns 27 hrs HAS to interest someone.
    Come on its not like Im asking them to trade Corey Patterson. These guys have a little value..get something for them and move on.

Turn Off Ads?