Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Declaration of Not Watching/Listening Until .500

Declaration of Not Watching/Listening Until .500

Redszone,

I hereby resolve that I will not watch/listen to the Reds until they get back to .500 for the 2008 season. By stating this, I know this means I will not watch them the rest of the year,

As an avid Reds fan all my life (since my first reds uni at the age of 1), I can no longer tolerate poorly played baseball in the Queen City.

To you the Reds, I offer my list of grievances:

-Ken Griffey signing: You promised me a new day, we got a tattered and torn eight years of injuries and a depreciation of epic proportions.

- Adam Dunn: We love him, no we hate him, trade him. Sign him long term! Enough already!

-Managers: Bring them in, take them out. Who wants to come coach here now?

-Bob C: Go back to the fruit industry, at least you can promise the oranges won't rot.

-Bengals: We'll talk in October when your 1-5.

Sincerely,

Forfreelin04

(Sorry folks, this needed to be in writing if I was going to stick to it)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Declaration of Not Watching/Listening Until .500

you aren't a true fan.

Definitely a tough loss to swallow tonight.

Welcome back to the misery that is better known as Reds baseball. I'm boycotting baseball as well until we start winning. I learned this by being a Bengals fan. And don't say that I'm not a true fan, I'm just fed up.

If you only watch this team when they are .500 or better, then you will only be watching this team in early April...if that.

Up to you though.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

It's not out of the realm of possibilities that this team can reach .500 but this is not a contending team. I hope people understand that.

Honestly, if you're at all serious about this, you probably need to root for a different team. The Reds have not played .500 ball for a long, long time.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Fans should boycott by not going to the ballpark.

It seems many this morning have crossed over into the dark side.

Really this was a bad loss. But i dont blame the team. I blame cordero. I can forgive a bad game by one player. He let his team down and the fans.

But the rest of the team had a pretty good game imo.

You know it's bad when a guy like me says almost every year, I will give the Reds one more chance to have a winning season, my best friend and I have talked about even changing allegiances, but we stay faithful, WHEN does it end for the TRUE REDS FAN?????
    Last edited by Ohioballplayer; 07-18-2008 at 12:33 PM. Reason: mispelled word
    Bowled 12, 300 games, I'm BACK!!

Bowling a 300 game never gets old

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

See ya next year bro
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by Ohioballplayer View Post
    You know it's bad when a guy like me says almost every year, I will give the Reds one more chance to have a winning season, my best friend and I have talked about even changing allegiances, but we stay faithful, WHEN does it end for the TRUE REDS FAN?????
    Well there are plenty of faithful Cubs fans out there, we really dont have much to complain about.

Every damn time I try to boycott and give up on a year I see some clips from the glory days and I get the itch. This morning after I made a post about not watching anymore this season a Pete Rose Sportscentury is on and guess what...here I am watching this game.

All,

I appreciate the kind words and the snide remarks too! There are those who will go on with the bleeding heart watching the Reds bring them up only to crush them, for those dedicated souls I salute you. I have done so since I could read a boxscore (5 years old) However, I am grown up now at 24 and need to realize their are other ways to have a delightful evening or a Saturday afternoon.

I, for one, and am not tired of watching Adam Dunn strike out, Griffey botch a play in right, or even Corey Patterson's luxurious eyebrows. What I am tired of is the hope of a winning season each year only to see decay come May through September.

I want Bob C and company to put their heads together and tell me for once that this team is a year or two away. I want them to tell me to expect some losing but to know their is a plan of long term success. I want Walt J to tell me Rome wasn't built in a day and neither is the New Big Red Machine.

This is all I ask.

Quote Originally Posted by forfreelin04 View Post
    I hereby resolve that I will not watch/listen to the Reds until they get back to .500 for the 2008 season.

Call me an optimist but winning 8 out of 12 does that to you. See you at the ballpark forfreelin04....

Quote Originally Posted by forfreelin04 View Post
    All,

I appreciate the kind words and the snide remarks too! There are those who will go on with the bleeding heart watching the Reds bring them up only to crush them, for those dedicated souls I salute you. I have done so since I could read a boxscore (5 years old) However, I am grown up now at 24 and need to realize their are other ways to have a delightful evening or a Saturday afternoon.

I, for one, and am not tired of watching Adam Dunn strike out, Griffey botch a play in right, or even Corey Patterson's luxurious eyebrows. What I am tired of is the hope of a winning season each year only to see decay come May through September.

I want Bob C and company to put their heads together and tell me for once that this team is a year or two away. I want them to tell me to expect some losing but to know their is a plan of long term success. I want Walt J to tell me Rome wasn't built in a day and neither is the New Big Red Machine.

This is all I ask.
    Well if our owners are economically dumb in marketing our team, i don't trust them to handle the signing, drafting, and trading, etc. So if they are really a year or two away and you are convinced this year is the year, then they are doing sometihing in the right direction.

Turn Off Ads?