Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Reds rotation is now set

The Reds rotation is now set

This is from Trent:

Thu vs NYM: RHP Johnny Cueto (7-9, 4.67) vs LHP Johan Santana (8-7, 2.84) wlw/fsn ohio, 7:10

Fri vs NYM: RHP Bronson Arroyo (7-7, 5.97) vs RHP John Maine (8-6, 3.99) wlw/fsn ohio, 7:10

Sat vs NYM:RHP Josh Fogg (1-2, 7.94) vs LHP Oliver Perez (6-5, 4.44) wlw/fsn ohio, 7:40

Sun vs NYM: RHP Edinson Volquez (12-3, 2.29) vs RHP Pedro Martinez (3-2, 6.25) wlw/fsn ohio, 1:15

Mon vs SD:RHP Homer Bailey (0-3, 7.00) vs TBA wlw/fsn ohio, 7:10

Tue vs SD:RHP Johnny Cueto vs TBA wlw/fsn ohio, 7:10

Wed vs SD: TBA vs TBA wlw radio, 12:35

* The one that jumps out at me is Sunday. That, to Edinson Volquez may be bigger than even starting the All-Star Game. He will face his idol, Pedro Martinez. I'll talk to him about that tomorrow. Should be interesting.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The Reds rotation is now set

Any updates on Harang?
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Awesome that Volquez gets to face Pedro. I was hoping Dusty would set it up like that. I remember reading a couple weeks ago where Volquez said one of his dreams was to face Pedro one day and now that dream comes true for him. Kudos to Dusty.

Senor Votto

We'll need a healthy Harang back ASAP. I hope he returns back to form this month.

I predict 2-2 in this series. More than respectable. If we can score some runs.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Awesome that Volquez gets to face Pedro. I was hoping Dusty would set it up like that. I remember reading a couple weeks ago where Volquez said one of his dreams was to face Pedro one day and now that dream comes true for him. Kudos to Dusty.
    I'm excited too, but let's not get carried away.

I must say I'm extremely disappointed the Reds are sending Fogg out there on Saturday. The game has been sold out for weeks due to it being Hall of Fame induction night, and it's likely that big crowd will just see Fogg getting lit up.

I am glad that Volquez will get four days off from his ASB appearance on Tuesday, but Fogg on Saturday stinks.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    I must say I'm extremely disappointed the Reds are sending Fogg out there on Saturday. The game has been sold out for weeks due to it being Hall of Fame induction night, and it's likely that big crowd will just see Fogg getting lit up.

I am glad that Volquez will get four days off from his ASB appearance on Tuesday, but Fogg on Saturday stinks.
    I know it's unlikely, but he could have another start like his last.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

I'm going to next Friday's game. I was hoping for Volquez. I guess it will be Fogg...Great. I'm so excited.
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

As much as I dislike Fogg, he's been pretty solid since his return. Maybe he really was hurt in the early season. His numbers are trending towards his career norms, and if he can get back to his norms by the end of the season, that will mean he's had a very solid second half. I know it's only been two starts, but I don't dread him going out there this weekend at all.

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Fogg is usually pretty good in every other start; He was exceptional in his last start, so what does that mean for his next start? Uuuuuuuuh....

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Why so down on Fogg going? Since he's come back up he's had 2 outstanding starts in a row.

11.1 ip / 7 hits / 4 er / 1 hr / 3 bb / 7 k's / 3.18 era

And it should've been even better, had Bray & Majewski thrown even remotely decent in relief in the Milwaukee game. He shouldn't have gotten tagged with those extra 2 er's. But regardless, I'm looking forward to seeing him pitch. Homer too.

This was posted on metsblog.com:

News: Pedro To Miss Start
    By Mike Nichols - Jul 17, 2008 3:46 pm

Speaking on WFAN a few moments ago, Jerry Manuel stated Pedro Martinez
    received an injection today and will miss his scheduled start on Sunday versus the Reds.

Manuel said Mike Pelfrey will start in Martinez’s place on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Why so down on Fogg going?
    Because I don't like spending money to watch bad Reds pitchers pitch. Josh Fogg falls in that category, same as Eric Milton in recent years.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Not to pick nits but the game isn't sold out yet. Matter of fact I got a ticket for the game this afternoon. I agree about Fogg, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?