Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Advice needed for selling something.

On the brink of disaster

Advice needed for selling something.

I recently bought two broken PS3s on ebay. I repaired both of them and am keeping one and selling the other. I listed it on craig's list, but I got tired of people trying to lowball me. I mean honestly, I let them talk me down a little, but it was getting ridiculous. Anyway, I was wondering if anybody has a good site they could suggest. I will eventually put it on ebay if I don't sell it soon, but I'm trying to avoid shipping it and the uncertainty of the bidding.

It has and 80GB HD, and all the accessories so it shouldn't be too hard to sell, or so you would think.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    They call me "chef"

Re: Advice needed for selling something.

Try Half.com. It's Ebay's sister site. No listing fees, you set your price, and the listing stays up until someone meets your price. Good for people selling cds, dvds, and video games.

Usually those items are impossible to sell on eBay for anything above .50 it seems but I've sold 6-7 cd's this month for an average price of 5.99. Dunno why but people are more willing to pay reasonable prices on Half.com than ebay.

On the brink of disaster

Quote Originally Posted by The Baumer View Post
    Try Half.com. It's Ebay's sister site. No listing fees, you set your price, and the listing stays up until someone meets your price. Good for people selling cds, dvds, and video games.

Usually those items are impossible to sell on eBay for anything above .50 it seems but I've sold 6-7 cd's this month for an average price of 5.99. Dunno why but people are more willing to pay reasonable prices on Half.com than ebay.
    Thanks for the help, I'll look into that. I was hoping to sell it locally, but that isn't as easy to do.

On the brink of disaster

I posted the PS3 on Half.com, but the cheapest one that was on there when I posted it was $375, so I doubt many people would look there to get one. I am listing my for $300, but I hope to find somewhere else to list it.

I've set up my own store on ecrater.com. Actually I have two of them; my original store http://tscsales.ecrater.com/ is what I set up as I was leaving eBay when sales were declining last year. It is now my primary store since I left eBay completely when the boycott began in February after some rule changes. I also secured a domain name and set up a second ecrater store for books: http://silverscreenbooks.com/ - books that were made into movies or which are by actors or about actors. That's been slow going. I also blog about what's up for sale. I think all of these are shown in my signature. I continue to sell books on Amazon too. Everything has really slowed down right now, but I'm about ready to add more to the first store to clear out some stuff. I've got a number of Reds items up right now and a host of baseball books, primarily in the first store.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

IS your PS3 the one that can play PS2 and PS1 games? If so I may be interested in buying off you.

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    I've set up my own store on ecrater.com. Actually I have two of them; my original store http://tscsales.ecrater.com/ is what I set up as I was leaving eBay when sales were declining last year. It is now my primary store since I left eBay completely when the boycott began in February after some rule changes. I also secured a domain name and set up a second ecrater store for books: http://silverscreenbooks.com/ - books that were made into movies or which are by actors or about actors. That's been slow going. I also blog about what's up for sale. I think all of these are shown in my signature. I continue to sell books on Amazon too. Everything has really slowed down right now, but I'm about ready to add more to the first store to clear out some stuff. I've got a number of Reds items up right now and a host of baseball books, primarily in the first store.

Just checked out your site. You have some cool stuff. I bought a Nuxhall statue. I really wanted to go to that game to get one. Now I'm not so bummed from missing it. I also went to the Hall of Fame induction game on Sat. but didn't get to see the ceremony because my "friends" wanted to eat at Cadillac Ranch before the game. It woulda been fine if they weren't running 45 minutes late to begin with. Instead we ended up missing the first half of the first inning (a major pet peeve of mine). I even told them I really wanted to see the ceremony. Oh well... Do you sell any DVD's of the pregame ceremony?

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

I am getting ready to sell several autographed bats out of my collection. Too much stuff sitting around. Maybe some baseballs too. I will look at half.com and see if they have a category for that. EBay is a joke when it comes to memorabilia.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by SeeinRed View Post
    Just checked out your site. You have some cool stuff. I bought a Nuxhall statue. I really wanted to go to that game to get one. Now I'm not so bummed from missing it. I also went to the Hall of Fame induction game on Sat. but didn't get to see the ceremony because my "friends" wanted to eat at Cadillac Ranch before the game. It woulda been fine if they weren't running 45 minutes late to begin with. Instead we ended up missing the first half of the first inning (a major pet peeve of mine). I even told them I really wanted to see the ceremony. Oh well... Do you sell any DVD's of the pregame ceremony?
    I wondered if that was someone from Redszone. I've got the package ready to go waiting for the driver to stop by. If not, it will go in their box and should be there tomorrow.

I just picked up a Reds 1984 Yearbook that I haven't put up yet. I've got to find some time to add more to the store. I've got a lot of stuff laying around that's not listed. I'm still trying to remember who the RZ poster was who was really into Indiana University. I've got a nice vintage knit throw commemorating their four national basketball titles throught 1987. I'll list it one of these days.

I've really tried scaling back my buying until the store picks up again.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Half.com is not really good for selling bats and balls... Oh well.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post
    I am getting ready to sell several autographed bats out of my collection. Too much stuff sitting around. Maybe some baseballs too. I will look at half.com and see if they have a category for that. EBay is a joke when it comes to memorabilia.

EBay is a joke for selling pretty much anything if you aren't a regular seller. I'm 99% sure a lot of those sellers pay people just to up the bids on their merchandise. Its frustrating when you sell something for a fraction of what other people are getting. I'm sure the more you use it the more you get, but for people like me who just like to sell the occasional product, it isn't worth it. I usually just use craigslist to sell things because its local and I have better luck with it. I've gotten good deals off Ebay as far as buying though. I guess I should feel bad for taking advantage of sellers like me who can't get what they want for a product, but oh well.

EBay is a joke for selling pretty much anything if you aren't a regular seller. I'm 99% sure a lot of those sellers pay people just to up the bids on their merchandise. Its frustrating when you sell something for a fraction of what other people are getting. I'm sure the more you use it the more you get, but for people like me who just like to sell the occasional product, it isn't worth it. I usually just use craigslist to sell things because its local and I have better luck with it. I've gotten good deals off Ebay as far as buying though. I guess I should feel bad for taking advantage of sellers like me who can't get what they want for a product, but oh well.
    Completely agree. I put a few things on Craigslist and have had some luck. That is after you sort through all of the scam emails.
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post
    Completely agree. I put a few things on Craigslist and have had some luck. That is after you sort through all of the scam emails.
    I don't even respond to emails that don't mention the item I'm selling anymore. The funny thing is that people actually fall for some of these scams. I work at a bank and have seem my fair share of scams. Its funny how many people think you can win a lottery that you didn't even enter, or that wiring money to someone you don't know is a good idea.

On the brink of disaster

Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    IS your PS3 the one that can play PS2 and PS1 games? If so I may be interested in buying off you.
    Yes it is, I sent you a PM if you are still interested.
    Last edited by acredsfan; 07-22-2008 at 04:47 PM.

I don't even respond to emails that don't mention the item I'm selling anymore. The funny thing is that people actually fall for some of these scams. I work at a bank and have seem my fair share of scams. Its funny how many people think you can win a lottery that you didn't even enter, or that wiring money to someone you don't know is a good idea.
    The Nigerian scams are rampant and if you really look at them quite comical too. Not funny to those who fall for it I am sure.
    Cedric 3/24/08

Turn Off Ads?