Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mike Lincoln

Mike Lincoln

Was the top pitcher on Baseball Tonights segment called - It's Nasty showing the big strike out that saved the game. He was awesome tonight and lately. Great win. Should have been a sweep, but 2-3 vs hot Mets and the pitching we faced the Reds will take it.

I'm going Monday. Excited to see them play right now. In the Diamond Seats for the 1st time no less.

Night

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Mike Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Reds1 View Post
    Was the top pitcher on Baseball Tonights segment called - It's Nasty showing the big strike out that saved the game. He was awesome tonight and lately. Great win. Should have been a sweep, but 2-3 vs hot Mets and the pitching we faced the Reds will take it.

I'm going Monday. Excited to see them play right now. In the Diamond Seats for the 1st time no less.

Night
    Diamond seats? Not fair. You must have more money than the law allows.

Just saw that. The gang on BBTN were very complimentarily. They even said that Brandon Phillips was the best 2nd baseman in the league, but that was Eduardo, and he may be prejudiced.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Reds1 View Post

Night
    Wouldn't have been a sweep seeing as how they are playing the 4th game of the series tomorrow. Or you are just really confident in tomorrow's game, but I agree they obviously should have won game one. The Reds are playing solid baseball right now.

[As recorded by Commander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen]

My pappy said, "Son, you're gonna' drive me to drinkin'
    If you don't stop drivin' that Hot Rod Lincoln"
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Lincoln, Weathers, and Affeldt have all pitched well enough to garner attention of GMs looking for help. I'd be disappointed if at least 2 of the 3 aren't gone in the next 12 days.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    Lincoln, Weathers, and Affeldt have all pitched well enough to garner attention of GMs looking for help. I'd be disappointed if at least 2 of the 3 aren't gone in the next 12 days.
    Taking 3 of 4 from the Mets isn't going to go a long way towards convincing Castellini that the team needs to be in sell-off mode.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Diamond seats? Not fair. You must have more money than the law allows.

Just saw that. The gang on BBTN were very complimentarily. They even said that Brandon Phillips was the best 2nd baseman in the league, but that was Eduardo, and he may be prejudiced.
    Actually, these tickets are a gift from a friend who has more money than the law allows. I also heard the Phillips comment. I thought I'd see one of his plays on webgems, but there was some good ones tonight and the great play he made didn't get the guy out, but did save a run.

Sorry, I forgot there was a 4th game today, but with Volquez I guess I am confident we can win this one.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Taking 3 of 4 from the Mets isn't going to go a long way towards convincing Castellini that the team needs to be in sell-off mode.
    Sneaking up on .500 is the last thing this club needs. Pretty soon, it'll start to feel like 2006 all over again, where we're really not in it, but pretending like Hell.

Hopefully Cast and Jocketty realize that we're still not a good ballclub, and we do need to be in sell mode, and buy mode should be the last thing in their minds.

How frustrating. Our relief pitchers perform admirably, doing the jobs we expect them to and the "No Joy in Mudville" crowd can't wait to continue their "Blow It Up!" campaign. I'm sorry, but I'm not interested in the constant tear it down mode that's become business as usual in these parts. The world is not black and white; clubs aren't just buyers or sellers. I'm not saying don't trade anybody, but it just drives me mad on this board that anytime we've got some success, we're bemoaning the fact that Bob Castellini will get all stupid on us and not sell off this team so we can start back at square one. I better stop now before I go off the deep end.

Very nice job by Mike Lincoln, who got a poor mark on that mid-season report card that didn't seem to be watching very closely. Lincoln's been pretty good this year. A very nice pick up by the front office.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

I keep thinking about the Rockies from 2007....Why can't this team sneak in? This team plays every team that is good very very tough. Look at the Mets, Yanks, D-Backs, Brewers...etc. I for one aren't ready to throw in the towel. That being said...if the next 2 weeks are awful then sell on the last couple of days.
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    Sneaking up on .500 is the last thing this club needs. Pretty soon, it'll start to feel like 2006 all over again, where we're really not in it, but pretending like Hell.
    Right... because actually winning baseball games is not the goal.

I could care less what they do if they feel like it's 2006, 1936 or 1976, I just want the Reds to win games.

I think you could deal a few guys and still be competitive. JR, Ross, and maybe Weathers or Arroyo could net a few mid level prospects while not gutting the team. Every year it does seem like we are at a crossroads though on whether we should fish or cut bait.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Lincoln has been a pleasant suprise. Reds bullpen has a 3.55 ERA, that's fourth best in the National League. Remember all the threads about how bad it supposedly was earlier in the season?

Sell the guys who could help somebody this year but likely won't help the Reds next year (Weathers, Affeldt). Keep the guys who will help the team in 09 (Arroyo, Ross).

Quote Originally Posted by SMcGavin View Post
    Lincoln has been a pleasant suprise. Reds bullpen has a 3.55 ERA, that's fourth best in the National League. Remember all the threads about how bad it supposedly was earlier in the season?

Sell the guys who could help somebody this year but likely won't help the Reds next year (Weathers, Affeldt). Keep the guys who will help the team in 09 (Arroyo, Ross).

I would trade Affeldt and Weathers. I wouldn't trade Lincoln.

Weathers is a free agent, won't be re-signed, may even stop playing, he can help a contender and maybe pitch in the playoffs.

Affeldt has a great arm but isn't lights out. Lefties have trade value. He'll probably want a long term deal after this season, don't see the Reds keeping him.

Lincoln has a great arm and is very successful here. Probably doesn't have great trade value since he doesn't have a long track record of success. Hold him for next year. Unless he gets hurt or suffers a downturn, he'll help again in 2009.

The problem with trading more than one reliever is that 1. the return is seldom very high for a reliever (usually AA or lower prospect) 2. with all the kids (and last-gaspers like Fogg) in the Reds' rotation, they're going to need warm bodies to throw innings in meaningless games in September, instead of burning up good arms like Cueto's and Volquez's. The Reds don't really have any serviceable arms in AAA to bring up to fill holes left by Lincoln and Weathers (and no I don't mean a guy who's struggling right now in AAA like Roenicke), but a guy like a Ryan Franklin or Chris Reitsma or Coffey (who's already here).

I think the better strategy is to trade a starter.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Turn Off Ads?