Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bailey looked none to happy being taken out

Bailey looked none to happy being taken out

Kid needs to calm down.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bailey looked none to happy being taken out

Shoudnt have ever started the 7th inn. with his pitch count.

I think he was mad at himself, not Dusty.

Quote Originally Posted by UC_Ken View Post
    I think he was mad at himself, not Dusty.
    Word has it he just hit Dusty with a bat in the dugout. I think you're wrong. :

did the same thing when pulled last time, it shows fire. He wants to finish his innings. I know when I pitched, I was the same way, if I started an inning I want to finish it.

That's exactly what we should want to see out of our players and pitchers. I don't care who it is they shouldn't be happy when being pulled. They should understand it, but it doesn't mean they should be happy about it. They can be happy when we win.

I was surprised he went back out for the 7th, but it wasn't a bad move. He had his best gas of the night in the last frame. Took him a little while to get loose.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

there's a ton of things I like about bailey
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

I thought he was mad at himself for giving up those runs in the 7th. I was very very surprised to see him come out for that inning and we paid for Dusty's decision. Great showing by Homer though, I think he is ruling maturing. Interesting to see what happens when Harang comes back if Fogg keeps pitching well too.

I noticed the same thing last game when he was taken out. Seems like he is more concerned about Homer than the team. He was obviously out of gas and would have given up more runs. He's got to look at the big picture.

I am excited to see him pitching better of late. Much better control. I think all these young pitchers could come of age next season, could be a very dominant staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Red View Post
    I noticed the same thing last game when he was taken out. Seems like he is more concerned about Homer than the team. He was obviously out of gas and would have given up more runs. He's got to look at the big picture.

I am excited to see him pitching better of late. Much better control. I think all these young pitchers could come of age next season, could be a very dominant staff.
    He hit 95 mph according to Gameday when pitching to his last batter, the only time he hit 95 mph the entire game. It was a ball, but he didn't throw any 95 mph balls until then, either. He still had something left.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

I agree. Next season will be different.

He hit 95 mph according to Gameday when pitching to his last batter, the only time he hit 95 mph the entire game. It was a ball, but he didn't throw any 95 mph balls until then, either. He still had something left.

95 is fine if you can get batters out with it. He left with 2 on and 1 out. He was out of gas.

95 is fine if you can get batters out with it. He left with 2 on and 1 out. He was out of gas.
    If that's the case he must have really been out of gas in the first inning when he allowed 2 ER and didn't hit over 93 mph.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

Velocity isn't the only indication of a player running on fumes, location is also. Bailey clearly had lost command. I didn't like the decision to send him back out there and still don't.

I'm encouraged just like most around here are but let's not act like Homer has arrived. He allowed 10 runners in just over 6 innings and only struck out 2. He still has things to work on but it is good to see him contributing. Hopefully when Harang gets back Bailey continues his progress and doesn't get discouraged going back to Louisville.

Turn Off Ads?