Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Incredibly Tired of Grande

Incredibly Tired of Grande

George Grande's act is so stale to me, I'd take Leo Mazzone to do play by play at this point. He started the game last night with "get em on, get em over, get em in" and finished it with "smiling side of the scoreboard". The truth is that the Reds could commit 25 errors in a game and he'd be taking up for them/pimping the other team. This guy is absolutely abysmal.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Incredibly Tired of Grande

I go through phases... I actually don't mind him right now.

I usually go back and forth between listening to radio and TV audio every couple of innings.

Marty and Thom were talking about Abbott and Costello last night. I think Grande and Welsh are both "Abbotts," which makes the broadcast bland. I agree with Marty that Brantley is a Costello. Welsh and Brantley both offer the informative former pitcher perspective which is nice, but I think that Brantley and Grande make for an entertaining team as well.

They all do a pretty good job I think, although I agree at times the whole Bland Grande routine gets pretty old.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

When the Reds play well I don't notice Grande's tired act.

When they're playing bad and he's his usual peculiar, laughy, jokey self; I really want to kick him in the teeth. I'd prefer Marty ripping the group when we're playing bad. Don't know why.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Personally, I'm more tired of his "boot scootin'" booth partner...

I used to not like grande, but now i'm happy when anyone but the "cowboy" is in the booth.

Jerry Harris-ton
    Get-em-on get-em-over get-em-in
    CoCo Cordero
    Yep

Ugh. He is downright awful.

I know baseball history is important, but when your always talking about how great the game was when some dead-guy was playing or some guy who played 20 years ago, it really dulls the current product. George Grande does this at least once a game.

How about how Grande was saying how great John Allen was......seriously.....

I just cant stand how Grande can't be critical of the game. In this regard, Mary, obviously, and even Thom B. is lightyears ahead of Grande. I love listening to Thom, he really tells it like it is and thats the commentary I like to hear.

When Jay Bruce hit that HR against the Mets George said he hit a bloop into RF.
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

I'm somewhere in the middle on this one. I like Grande for the most part, but his pollyanna style does get old. On the other hand, Marty is waaay to pompous, arrogant, opinionated, political( Who gives a crap what he thinks about the presidential race. Just call the damn ballgame!) and full of himself. I haven't listened to a whole radio game in a couple of years. Have you noticed Thom's style change when doing the national broadcasts? He's not overly critical of those teams as he is when doing Reds' games. Maybe Dad is coaching him to criticize. I think he does a great job with the MLB games. Cowboy? Great insight. Too talkative IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by keeganbrick View Post
    When Jay Bruce hit that HR against the Mets George said he hit a bloop into RF.
    Haha I heard that too! :
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0

Anyone get the feeling that Grande is just a kind of weird, peculiar guy?

Common sense tells me that if you don't like something, then stop what you don't like.

My favorite is when Marty rips the team. I love it, especially when he ripped Volquez in the 1st last night. Marty knows his $***. He called the greatest team in the history of the game and to watch these jokers probably makes him puke.

Turn Off Ads?