* ML service: 3.000
    From Fangraphs
    Code:
    		Age	IP	ERA	FIP	 K/9	BB/9	HR/9	GB/FB	FB(mph)	SL	CH
    2005	21	78.1	1.72	2.75	 8.27	2.99	0.34	1.10	91.2	84.7	83.4
    2006	22	70.2	3.31	2.62	 8.53	1.66	0.51	0.88	91.7	86.0	82.0
    2007	23	50.0	2.88	2.74	11.34	2.16	0.90	0.89	90.4	84.9	80.9
    2008	24	44.0	4.09	3.73	 8.80	2.45	1.24	0.94	89.7	84.4	81.8
    He's not likely to ever be more valuable than he is today. However, he is going to get significantly more expensive the next two years. Trading Street now would be a classic Beane move. He's lost a little velocity over the last few years and his HR/9 has gone up every year. Street would be a perfect fit for the Yankees or Mets, teams in the playoff hunt in desperate need for bullpen help and with cash to spare for a pricey, if effective, set up guy.
    Last edited by RedsManRick; 07-23-2008 at 01:41 PM.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Re: Huston Street??

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    I can't believe all the pooh-poohing of acquiring a guy like Street. I'll guess it's because it's a potential Jocketty move as opposed to a Wayne move.
    It's a very Jocketty move, and I like it (provided whats given up isn't obscene).

I seem to recall another closer with past arm troubles doing very well for a Jocketty-run franchise.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Thanks for the fix!
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

If Street can be gotten for Bailey or Bailey plus one of the Reds' overrated bats (Soto?), you have to make this deal.

I can't believe all the pooh-poohing of acquiring a guy like Street. I'll guess it's because it's a potential Jocketty move as opposed to a Wayne move.

He'd be by far the best pitching pickup of this deadline if acquired.
    Soto overrated huh?
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 07-23-2008 at 01:39 PM.

I haven't seen Street pitch for since he was a rookie. Can someone give me a thumbnail scouting report, and details on his arm issues?
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Bailey and Stubbs for Street?

You betcha.
    You lose-a.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

If Street can be gotten for Bailey or Bailey plus one of the Reds' overrated bats (Soto?), you have to make this deal.

He'd be by far the best pitching pickup of this deadline if acquired.
    I have to agree 100% here. Burton and Street in the 7th. This could signal the end of Weathers which I am all for. When CoCo needs a break Street steps in and throws down the hammer. I see no downside at all.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Didn't he have a problem with his elbow last season?

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    Want nothing to do with Street. He has been getting pounded lately. Definite injury risk.
    Like I said, if it costs us Bailey and Stubbs, it's a steal.

Although I can't imagine Beane wanting Bailey, and Stubbs' defense can only mean so much to Beane.

Street > Weathers, and I don't see Weathers being with the Reds after this season.

I fail to see the reason people are up in arms in adding arguably what would be our 2nd best bullpen arm behind Cordero.

If I were Beane, I'd want to deal with Jocketty again too. Let's hope this one works out more in Jock's favor (if a deal does indeed go down).
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post

Although I can't imagine Beane wanting Bailey, and Stubbs' defense can only mean so much to Beane.

Street > Weathers, and I don't see Weathers being with the Reds after this season.

I fail to see the reason people are up in arms in adding arguably what would be our 2nd best bullpen arm behind Cordero.
    I think Beane's one Achilles' heel is his general overvaluation of defense. Stubbs IMO would be right up his alley.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

I think Beane's one Achilles' heel is his general overvaluation of defense. Stubbs IMO would be right up his alley.
    I hope you're right.

I'd love to see Street as a Red.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    It's a very Jocketty move, and I like it (provided whats given up isn't obscene).

I seem to recall another closer with past arm troubles doing very well for a Jocketty-run franchise.
    Of course, they could afford to pay Isringhausen because they had a Cy Young making peanuts and didn't have another closer making $10M already.

I've got no problem with the talent Huston street, but for $5-6M next year and $8-10M in 2010, it just doesn't make sense fiscally.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post

Because unless this team is prepping to make a run at a $100MM payroll, they can't afford to acquire Street after paying Cordero what they did last winter.

I wouldn't trade Homer Bailey for a bullpen arm anyway. Some of you are too anxious to get rid of him (and Drew Stubbs). If the Reds trade Homer Bailey they have to pray that Aaron Harang's arm will continue to function, while continuing to lean on Josh Fogg. Like it or not Homer Bailey is the best #5 starter the Reds have.

Turn Off Ads?