Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Trading for Chipper?

Trading for Chipper?

Someone in my league has put him up on the block, and I'm wondering what it'd take to snag him. The other guy is very low in saves, wins, and ERA, of which, I have plenty of saves, high-middle level of wins, and a great team ERA.

I've got these pitchers I'm willing to deal:

Volquez
    Street
    Harden
    Cordero

What do you think it'd take for Chipper, and the big question...is he healthy enough to take a chance on for the rest of the year? I need HRs and RBIs badly, and I'm willing to take a chance on him. My current 3rd baseman is Longoria, but I can use either at the Utility spot.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Trading for Chipper?

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    Someone in my league has put him up on the block, and I'm wondering what it'd take to snag him. The other guy is very low in saves, wins, and ERA, of which, I have plenty of saves, high-middle level of wins, and a great team ERA.

I've got these pitchers I'm willing to deal:

Volquez
    Street
    Harden
    Cordero

What do you think it'd take for Chipper, and the big question...is he healthy enough to take a chance on for the rest of the year? I need HRs and RBIs badly, and I'm willing to take a chance on him. My current 3rd baseman is Longoria, but I can use either at the Utility spot.
    With the players you are willing to give up you could probably get a more reliable player than chipper. With you not in need for a 3B I'd say look elsewhere to upgrade your utility slot.
    Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball - Jacques Barzun

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Re: Trading for Chipper?

I would take a risk with trading Edinson Volquez. He really looks fatigued and though his innings pitched aren't really getting up there, he is a candidate to be shut down.

I just dealt him for Curtis Granderson in my league simply because I can't trust that Volquez will be there in the playoffs.

You should be able to get anybody you weant for Rich Harden right now. I'd aim higher than Chipper with him.

Street has no value, and Cordero just got cut in my league, so his value is dropping too.

Turn Off Ads?