Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not Cincinnati...but Louisville?

Re: Not Cincinnati...but Louisville?

I live in the Louisville area (southern Indiana) and I think you will enjoy your time there.

If you don't mind me asking, what part of Louisville are you guys moving to?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post

And everytime an NBA franchise gets tossed around to relocate, Louisville is always on the list.
    They cancelled the bond deal on their downtown arena yesterday, so the NBA to Louisville is less and less likely.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Probably just as well. I know Louisville wants to be big-league but at its heart it's a college hoops town.

At the risk of hijacking the thread, anyone else have old Colonels stuff?
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

I have an old light,about three feet around, complete with red, white, and blue ABA panels, orange hoop, and nylon net. I also have a couple 8x10 sgined photos of Artis Gilmore, Dan Issel, and Louis Dampier. Gilmore has the coolest hair in the entirety of the 70's. Elvis lambchops and a 'fro.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PedroBourbon View Post
    I will second that. I was a season ticket holder for the Bats for two years. I sat in the same seat EVERY game and was constantly hounded by the SAME USHER for two years. She wanted to see my ticket nearly every time I got up to use the restroom or get a beer. My wife and I called her the "seat nazi"

Anyway, congrats on Louisville, I have lived there on three separate occasions. It's a great town, Lot's to do. Make sure you check out the Slugger museum and IMAX theater downtown. tons of good places to eat. If your a pizza fan, check out the Clifton Pizza company on frankfort road.
    The ONLY time that I have been rude to an employee of a Baseball team besides you know who :, is to an usher in Louisville. I had credentials, appropriately displayed, the whole nine yards. I also had tickets in my pocket and displayed those as well. Some teams give you tickets, some just point you in the direction where to sit. I was double covered in Louisville. The usher looked at them every single time I made a move. (I don't always sit in the same seat but it wasn't like I was moving entire sections)

I took a bathroom break around the 6th or 7th inning and upon returning the same usher acted like he had never seen me before in his life. I actually knew his name at this point we had interracted so many times. Other credentialed personnel were having the same issue. There is usually an area of about 6 rows that reserved seats are given to working credntialed personnel. We move around from time to time.

Finally, upon coming back from the bathroom I confronted the guy and basically told him to stop bothering me before I made an official complaint. He stood at the bottom of my row for the remainder of the game and stared at myself and other credentialed personnel.

Having said all this, there are no ushers WORSE than in Wrigley. Never in my life have I witnessed anything like their behavior.
    Last edited by Team Clark; 07-25-2008 at 04:36 PM.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Thanks for all the advice and such folks. I won't get into the school debate at the moment as we don't have kids so I don't have to worry about what institution to send them to.

We are living in what I'm told is Stony Brook. Technically its kind of a no mans land between a few neighborhoods though, but SB is as close as the realtors could decide when we were closing.

So far we've done little more than unpack and rearrange, but we are enjoying ourselves at least. I've got another week before I start my new job, so we are thinking we might be able to get out a little during the week and experience some of what the city has to offer aside from the Wal Mart on Husrtbourne and the Kroger on Breckenridge.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

I've said to this to you already, Joe, but I'll go ahead and say it here, too...

Stony Brook is a great part of town! Lots of shopping and eating right there on Hurstborne. That would certainly be one of my top picks for location in the city. You've got the new stuff where you live and the historic Highlands just down Bardstown Road. Drive down there some weekend night, park your car, and take a walk up and down Bardstown Road in the Highlands.

Congrats on the move.

I live in Louisville (east end) and enjoy living here. I work during the summers at Kroger #389. By the way, Meijer is right down the street from you, too.

Feel free to PM if you have any questions regarding anything related to Louisville. I used to live off Hurstbourne Lane before moving out to Prospect. Enjoy!

3 Time CY Young winner

Welcome to Louisville. Stony Brook is nice. It has one of the movie theaters we go to and is close to everything.

Turn Off Ads?