Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rockies Interested In Arroyo

Rockies Interested In Arroyo

Rockies Interested In Arroyo

By Tim Dierkes [July 24, 2008 at 10:19am CST]
    According to Pat Rooney of the Rocky Mountain News, the Rockies are interested in starting pitcher Bronson Arroyo. Rooney says the Reds might be willing to pick up some of the $22.5MM owed to Arroyo for 2009-10.
    Arroyo spoke out yesterday, saying he'd be disappointed if traded. If Walt Jocketty moves him, it won't be just a salary dump. The Yankees are said to be another possible suitor.
    Pathei mathos...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Rockies Interested In Arroyo

I'd go halfsees with them on Arroyo for 2009 if we could get Holliday for Arroyo and some solid low A/AA prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by schmidty622 View Post
    I'd go halfsees with them on Arroyo for 2009 if we could get Holliday for Arroyo and some solid low A/AA prospects.

You're kidding, right?

You think they're gonna trade Matt Holliday for *that*?

B/c of that ridiculous contract extension, his trade value is almost zero. Unless we help pay his salary over the next two years, we'd be lucky to get ANYTHING in return.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Matt Holliday PLUS prospects PLUS we go "halfsies" on his salary. Wow. Where do I sign?
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

If we are going to help pay his salary we might as well keep him. He's pitching well and that quality of starter wont be easy or cheap to replace. What we would get in return wouldn't compare to the value he holds as a 3 or 4 starter in my opinion.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

How about for Garret Atkins who could play first move Joey to outfield open trade for Dunn to Boston
    Bowled 12, 300 games, I'm BACK!!

Bowling a 300 game never gets old

I would wet myself. No kidding.

If the Rockies are targeting Arroyo that means they don't want to trade Holliday.

The Rockies probably think they can make a run. They're only 6 back (at 13 games under .500). What a lousy division

a breaking ball junk pitcher in the thin air of coors....that would work out

If we do make a deal with the Rockies the first person I want to see coming to the 'nati is Chris Iannetta.

Quote Originally Posted by Orodle View Post

When he is spotting his pitches and that curves humming,there's nothing junk about him.Not to mention how many ''junk pitchers''give you 200+innings a season.You need to define what you mean by ''junk pitcher''.
    Last edited by Jr's Boy; 07-24-2008 at 03:16 PM.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jr's Boy View Post
    When he is spotting his pitches and that curves humming,there's nothing junk about him.Not to mention how many ''junk pitchers''give you 200+innings a season.You need to define what you mean by ''junk pitcher''.
    He wasn't referring to BA's value nor skill. Pitchers who get by with a lot of off-speed stuff and deception are oftentimes referred to as "junkballers." Not meant to be a perjorative.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Quote Originally Posted by Orodle View Post
    It ain't your daddy's Coors anymore

You guys obviously did not see the report from earlier in the year when the rockies only wanted low A ball prospects in return for Holliday because their upper levels were "loaded". I'm talking guys like Zach Stewart and Alonso here, not scrubs, and I would still do it for Holliday.

Turn Off Ads?