Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: What will it take to sign Dunn?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • 3 yrs/$30M

0 0%
  • 3 yrs/$36M

1 2.00%
  • 3 yrs/$45M

6 12.00%
  • 3 yrs/$60M

2 4.00%
  • 4 yrs/$40M

0 0%
  • 4 yrs/$48M

3 6.00%
  • 4 yrs/$60M

13 26.00%
  • 4 yrs/$80M

1 2.00%
  • 5 yrs/$50M

0 0%
  • 5 yrs/$60M

0 0%
  • 5 yrs/$75M

16 32.00%
  • 5 yrs/$100M

2 4.00%
  • 6 yrs/$60M

0 0%
  • 6 yrs/$72M

0 0%
  • 6 yrs/$90M

5 10.00%
  • 6 yrs/$120M

0 0%
  • 7 yrs/$70M

0 0%
  • 7 yrs/$84M

1 2.00%
  • 7 yrs/$105M

0 0%
  • 7 yrs/$140M

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What will it take to sign Dunn?

What will it take to sign Dunn?

This is related to the other Dunn poll but meant to look at the issue from Dunn's point of view.

Same poll options but now the vote is for the least amount in years and dollars that you think Dunn would accept.
    Last edited by jojo; 07-25-2008 at 03:57 PM.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: What will it take to sign Dunn?

I would like to say 3 yr $45M ...

18M...20M...22M = $60M (plus a club option with a buyout for a 4th year $25M)

Wouldn't payit and don't think he'll get it, but I think that's close to what they will ask

Prolly endup more like: 14M...16M...18M = $48M + $20M Option
    Last edited by corkedbat; 07-25-2008 at 03:42 PM.

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    I would like to say 3 yr $45M ...
    That's what I was thinking and it wouldn't be that bad of a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    That's what I was thinking and it wouldn't be that bad of a deal.
    afterall, he isn't Arod ... how much money does one person need?

I said 6/90. I think people vastly underestimate how much money is really out there -- and how few players there are to spend it on. He's going to get $15M per minimum and that only happens if the years are long. For every year you subtract, he'll get another $1M-$1.5M per.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    I said 6/90. I think people vastly underestimate how much money is really out there -- and how few players there are to spend it on.
    I would agree. From a Dunn perspective if he went for a 3 year deal he would be set to cash in again because he would still only be 31 ... younger than when Houston threw all the money at Carlos Lee.

Anything over 4 years (option included) is way too risky with Dunn - I'd pass

High five!

3/60. My homer heart wants to tell me he loves the Reds and would do 3/45. My brain says he's ready for a change of scenery.

I don't think he'd do a three year deal for anything less than $60M.

Maybe his heart is burdened by the suffering of the people who live in Appalachia and he wants to start a foundation?
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Depends on what your goals are. If he wants to own an NFL team or a MLB team, then he is far short at this time and would need to maximize every opportunity to get there.

... or maybe he has a goal to donate $75M in his old age ...

I sort of know a guy (2nd hand) that works about 2 months a year in construction and then fishes and hunts the rest of the year. He lives in an old trailer and doesn't own a vehical. He eats what he bags and grows a pretty extensive garder. He'd likely as the same question to you, how much money do you need?

GL

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    Anything over 4 years (option included) is way too risky with Dunn - I'd pass
    Hmmmm... How can you call it risky? Bob C and company wants to win and after all Dunn is the middle of it...

The guy plays day in and day out.... Hurt, not hurt.... Always battered, but neven broken...

Adam Troy Dunn is not a risk to this team.... Bailey and Bruce are BIGGER risks then Dunn.

Plays in 134 games a year, that also includes his rookie season where he played in only 66 games... Take that out... Jumps up to 144 games... We all know his stats...

Call me what you will... But Adam Dunn is a bigger peice to the puzzle then most know about.... If Adam leaves, then any chances of winning anything goes with him....

It will be the curse of the big bad donkey.......
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

He's already at $13MM this year, assuming a 15% raise each year, I'm guessing his request starts around 4/75.
    The seven most magic words in all the land...
    "If, in the opinion of the referee,..."

I actually think it will take the Reds MORE to sign Dunn then if he went FA just because of what you see on other threads on this board. There are a fair chuck of Reds fans that think Dunn is worth a great deal. I don't agree and don't get it, but there is that element.

I am glad that it appears that the element that counts, the Reds FO, thinks Dunn is way over-hyped......as I do.

So, I wish the title of this poll (good idea to do the poll) was either, what will Dunn get as a FA or what would it cost the Reds to sign Dunn. I think there are two different answers.

One reason I do not want the Reds to sign Dunn now is that I think he and his agent are going to aget a HUGE surprize at how little the rest of the league values him. That said, I COULD see somebody like the White Sox (just an example) way overpaying him to be a DH.

I think we need a few more Dunn threads. We're running low.

Turn Off Ads?