Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 238

Thread: Most Overrated

  1. #106
    Churlish Johnny Footstool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Olathe, KS
    Posts
    13,783

    Re: Most Overrated

    Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan View Post
    I'm right there with you on Cinderella. "Long Cold Winter" is one of my favorites.
    Lookin' on back, to when I was young.
    I tried to sing it, but my song had been sung...
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #107
    Member Stephenk29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Posts
    710

    Re: Most Overrated

    YANKEE STADIUM

    nothing is worth 8 hours of covereage on ESPN

    I've been there, wasn't all that great.
    "The Hall of Fame is there to keep alive the memory of people. You don't need to do that with people like Buck [O'Niel] and Joe [Nuxhall]. Nobody's forgetting those guys."

    - Joe Posnanski

  4. #108
    Miami Redhawks Redhook's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cincy
    Posts
    2,257

    Re: Most Overrated

    Heineken. Tastes like a skunk farted in a bottle of water.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

    www.kylevoska.com - Golfer? Check out my blog for golf tips.

  5. #109
    The Future GoReds33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    2,463

    Re: Most Overrated

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephenk29 View Post
    YANKEE STADIUM

    nothing is worth 8 hours of covereage on ESPN

    I've been there, wasn't all that great.
    I hate to disagree with you, but Yankee Stadium holds more history than any other building in the history of sports. The only way it could be more nostalgic is if they wouldn't have re done it years ago. The beams and ficade were classic. To think that something like that was concieved so long ago is mind-blowing. Yankee Stadium will be missed dearly.

  6. #110
    BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Springfield, Ohio
    Posts
    9,052

    Re: Most Overrated

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    Hair bands were wildly popular in the mid to late 80's. Millions and millions of albums sold. Cinderella was my own personal favorite -- good hooks, and great, bluesy guitar work.

    A large segment of music fans used to dump on hair bands, but by the mid-90's, many of those same fans had grown tired of "mopey" grunge and were clamoring for the return of feel-good hair metal.
    Yeah I liked Cinderella quite a bit. Nobody's Fool was my favorite, I also liked Shake Me. Seems to me i'm missing one of theirs off the top of my head but can't recall which one.

    Also liked in particular order - Whitesnake, Dokken, G'N'R, Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, Poison

    I guess you could sorta lump these guys in with them a bit also but they were more metal. Metallica, Megadeath, AC/DC, Motley Crue

    I hated Winger, absolutely hated them.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

    --Woody Hayes

  7. #111
    Member improbus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    2,077

    Re: Most Overrated

    I started this forum four years ago...yikes. But, I came up with something else. S'mores. They are never good. I have never had one where everything was the right temperature at the same time. Either the marshmallow is too burnt, the chocolate is either too melted or too solid, and the graham cracker isn't all that great.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

  8. #112
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    3,736

    Re: Most Overrated

    Sour cream overrated? GTFO

  9. #113
    Member medford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    2,081

    Re: Most Overrated

    If you think a S'more is overrated, then you don't know how to make a S'more.

    fist, don't limit yourself to a Hershey's bar, you're allowed to expand to a piece of crunch bar, Peanut Butter Cup or a multitude of different things. Not everything is suppose to be the same temperature. Its the contrast in textures, flavors and temperatures that excites your senses.

    Of Course the same thing goes for Sour Cream which you dismissed 4 years ago. I'll agree, mixed into a bowl at Chipotle, I find it worthless, however drop a dap into the top of my bowl of chili or Ckn tortilla soup and again its the perfect mix of cool, smooth sour cream w/ warm, spicy and well textured soup.

    roller coasters, overrated? Until I get access to a NASA simulator, NASCAR or an F-14 fighter, its as close as I can get to safely harnessing similar G-forces, the feeling of weightlessness, etc...

    Graeter's...far from overrated. Regionally, name me someone w/ better more consistant ice cream. Nationally, its relativelly unknown. You can't be overrated if your the best where they know you, and you can't be overrated when few know your name nationally.

    Wine...you don't always have to spend big to get a good wine.

  10. #114
    You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    1,577
    Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    I started this forum four years ago...yikes. But, I came up with something else. S'mores. They are never good. I have never had one where everything was the right temperature at the same time. Either the marshmallow is too burnt, the chocolate is either too melted or too solid, and the graham cracker isn't all that great.
    My wife and I made s'mores with Savritz fancy crackers instead if graham crackers. It was scary good.
    Witty signature.

  11. #115
    First Time Caller SunDeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    5,388

    Re: Most Overrated

    Ribs. I think ribs are overrated. Sloppy, too much work for the amount of actual sustenance.

    What I think might be most underrated is a chocolate milk shake from UDF.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

  12. #116
    Member improbus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    2,077

    Re: Most Overrated

    Part of the danger of posting things on the Internet is that, we'll, you've posted things on the Internet. I am not entirely in agreement with my list of four years ago and am certainly not in love with my holier than thou tone. Oh well.

    As for S'mores, you all are probably right in changing the recipe. But, I'm also not a big chocolate guy, so maybe my view is biased.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

  13. #117
    Waiting for a tour/album KittyDuran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Hamilton, Ohio
    Posts
    8,404

    Re: Most Overrated

    Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Ribs. I think ribs are overrated. Sloppy, too much work for the amount of actual sustenance.

    What I think might be most underrated is a chocolate milk shake from UDF.
    Make it a chocolate malt from UDF and you have my vote...
    2014 Reds record when I'm attending: 16-14
    2014 Dragons record when I'm attending: 2-1
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

  14. #118
    Member improbus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    2,077

    Re: Most Overrated

    Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    What I think might be most underrated is a chocolate milk shake from UDF.
    Agreed. The opposite is DQ. Their milkshakes are whipped soft serve ice cream with chocolate syrup thrown in. I can make better shakes at home with some 2% milk, some chocolate Breyers, and a little elbow grease. The same goes for Wendy's, McD's, and most other fast food joints.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

  15. #119
    Member improbus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    2,077

    Re: Most Overrated

    Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    If you think a S'more is overrated, then you don't know how to make a S'more.

    fist, don't limit yourself to a Hershey's bar, you're allowed to expand to a piece of crunch bar, Peanut Butter Cup or a multitude of different things. Not everything is suppose to be the same temperature. Its the contrast in textures, flavors and temperatures that excites your senses.

    Of Course the same thing goes for Sour Cream which you dismissed 4 years ago. I'll agree, mixed into a bowl at Chipotle, I find it worthless, however drop a dap into the top of my bowl of chili or Ckn tortilla soup and again its the perfect mix of cool, smooth sour cream w/ warm, spicy and well textured soup.

    roller coasters, overrated? Until I get access to a NASA simulator, NASCAR or an F-14 fighter, its as close as I can get to safely harnessing similar G-forces, the feeling of weightlessness, etc...

    Graeter's...far from overrated. Regionally, name me someone w/ better more consistant ice cream. Nationally, its relativelly unknown. You can't be overrated if your the best where they know you, and you can't be overrated when few know your name nationally.

    Wine...you don't always have to spend big to get a good wine.
    I won't budge on Sour Cream. I just can't add those empty calories to a good meal. I get the contrast, but I just can't do it. Maybe I'm not a true Midwesterner.

    As for Graeter's, they are good, don't get me wrong, but I don't have the same quasi-religious devotion to them that many Ohioans seem to have. Jeni's is excellent and I am always partial to the local joints with the questionable names (like the old Whippy Dip in Harrison or the Cream Corner on the far west side of Columbus).

    I have somewhat changed my tune on wine. I still prefer beer, but I do enjoy a good red from time to time.

    Finally, roller coasters. For the purpose of full disclosure, I get naseous just looking at them. So, perhaps that has colored my view. Also, I don't have an ounce of adrenaline junky in me. Bungee jumping, no thanks. White water rafting, have fun. Mountaineering, send me a postcard. So, perhaps that is why I don't like them all that much. As a side note, my kids are getting to the age where they like riding rides, so I have gladly transitioned to the dad who watches his kids go in circles at 4 mph while the wave at me. It's works out perfectly for both them and for me.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

  16. #120
    Member hebroncougar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,218
    Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Ribs. I think ribs are overrated. Sloppy, too much work for the amount of actual sustenance.

    What I think might be most underrated is a chocolate milk shake from UDF.
    On that note, I vote crab legs. Too much work, too little meat.

    Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25