Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Most Overrated

Re: Most Overrated

Quote Originally Posted by nismoredlegs View Post
    I'm with you on U2 and Pearl Jam. But can't agree with you on the Zeppelin.

You seem to have the slight mindset of a hipster, based on your statement. Don't fall into that hole.

Overrated...
    Live (at stadium) NFL Games
    Chipotle
    Sons of Anarchy
    Yuengling
    Breakfast
    Smash Burger
    iphone
    Definitely Chipotle.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Public Transportation. It sucks.
    Not if you like reading or drinking. (And I like both).

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Not if you like reading or drinking. (And I like both).
    Or actually have quality PT

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Or actually have quality PT
    I can only speak for it in Chicago, DC and Baltimore.... but it all sucks.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Sometimes hype can make you hate something. I used to think Led Zeppelin were overrated, now I think they are a religious experience.

Not much compares for me.

Prince on the other hand....overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I can only speak for it in Chicago, DC and Baltimore.... but it all sucks.
    FWIW, it's roughly a million times better than driving and parking if you happen to be in Boston.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Prince on the other hand....overrated.
    .....said the late 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    Schools like Denver and Dayton don't really have great reputations for sports or academics.
    This is old...but quite wrong. Dayton and Denver both have excellent academic reputations. Particularly Denver.

Backyard burgers. What do people see in a singed meatball on too-chunky bun.

Fastfood has it right -- a flat burger on a bun that fits. The idea is to get a mouthful of everything -- burger, bun, condiments, lettuce, tomato, etc.... -- in every bite.

They also get fries right. Small fries give you a great ratio of golden, delicious surface to bland starchiness. Those awful big planky fries? Those are for seagulls.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    This is old...but quite wrong. Dayton and Denver both have excellent academic reputations. Particularly Denver.
    So does Miami (Fl.)
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Kidney stone cures or preventatives. Every Freaking One of Them.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Salukifan2

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    I'm not saying that it is bad, just overrated. I guess you guys aren't around high school kids all that often. They treat it like a 5 star restaurant. It has almost mythical status.
    As far as the NFL goes, here is a list of why the NFL is overrated (I like lists if you can't already tell)
    -Too many commercials. Here is a common occurrence - Touchdown, Commercial, Kickoff, Commercial, 3 and out, Commercial. NFL games can really be condensed into about 15 minutes of real action.
    -The Draft is the most over-hyped waste of 48 hours. Do we really need 500 mock drafts? How much of people short human existence is wasted on something so superfluous. All you need to do is buy the following Mondays USA Today and your fine.
    -Any sport that meets the following conditions would be popular
    1) Played in the late fall and winter when it is too cold to go outside
    2) Played for the most part only on Sundays when no one works
    3) Played during the day so you don't have to stay awake late to watch
    Imagine the pressure in a baseball game if they only played once week. Imagine how hard NBA players would play. Imagine what a war all 16 hockey games would be.
    -Somehow, the NFL has a clean image. They have the most scandals, most jerks, and most criminals of any major sport, and somehow there is no real outrage that the league needs to clean itself up.
    -Fantasy Football is a waste of time.
    -There are daily studio analysis shows in July. Just dumb
    -The Brett Favre story
    This post puts into words everything i've ever though about the NFL. You sir, have imo spoken more truth in this post than any post before it

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    Kidney stone cures or preventatives. Every Freaking One of Them.
    As a man who suffers from kidney stone disease (I've had them 13 different times) I have to agree. I've tried every "cure" and diet change and none of that **** works. Shots of vinegar every day, whole lemons squeezed into water every day, avoiding nealy every food you can think of...the only thing that's slows down their formation for me is drinking two gallons of water a day. That's it.

As for overrated stuff

The NFL

The Beatles

Cable News/politics (they're all equally full of it. I think all these bastards work together)

Facebook

Frisch's

Logan's Steakhouse

And I agree with everyone in this thread who says Radiohead is overrated. I remember reading an interview where Thom Yorke was talking crap about his fan base when they wanted him to sing a particular song live because he doesn't think they "get it" since the song is so "painful" for him. That is the ultimate example of being a pretentious *****. God forbid your fans, who are the sole reason you are millionaires, want to see you perform a song they enjoy. Before that moment I would probably say they just aren't my style, now its pretty obvious to me that they are being arty and weird for the sake of it. What a load a crap.
    Last edited by joshua; 10-20-2012 at 06:40 PM.

Family Guy. Started off funny, but became full of its trendy self. It's given in to nihilism. South Park has an actual pov, but FG has all the cutting edge humor of a seventh grader.

Strangely enough, I find American Dad funny.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Listened to OK Computer, once. It sounded important though.

There are a number of big, portentous movies that I think are just plain bOOOring:

Out of Africa
    Dr. Zhivago
    The English Patient

And I don't know how highly rated it is, but CSI Miami is maybe the worst TV I've ever seen. Its like one of those USA network cop shows with worse writing/acting/direction and a bigger budget.

I mean does the cast and crew just snort coke and laugh themselves silly as they watch it, not believing what they're getting away with.
    I hated The English Patient before Elaine did.

Turn Off Ads?