Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Most Overrated

Re: Most Overrated

Jack in the Box?? Geez that's been crap since the 60's!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    We had a location open up about a year ago and I swear it was packed to the gills for months. There were always cops outside directing traffic it was so packed. I finally tried a hamburger and I couldn't finish it was so bad. Trust me, I have never done that before.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    Agree on The Sopranos. I liked Entourage a lot, at least the first 4-5 seasons. But now it seems like HBO (style) shows are all about shock value. Which program can insert the most profanity, senseless nudity.
    No such thing
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Their food is worse than their commercials are good. We all called it Jack In The Crack growing up.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    We had a location open up about a year ago and I swear it was packed to the gills for months. There were always cops outside directing traffic it was so packed. I finally tried a hamburger and I couldn't finish it was so bad. Trust me, I have never done that before.
    The last Burger I had from there tasted like a bad sausage patty, I do like the taco's though.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Yeah, I'm getting a little tired of the latest "best show in televsion", not just confined to HBO.

A lot of these shows are just serial dramas dressed up for an audience other than housewifes or teenage girls. Yeah, you get into the show. That's the way serial dramas work. It doesn't make them Ibsen.

The Sopranos was great, The Wire was very good, if uneven. A lot of the rest (Breaking Bad, MadMen, etc...) are way overrated.
    Spot on. I, specifically, am not blown away by Breaking Bad as seemingly everyone else on the planet is anymore.

Everything has to be the greatest or the worst now.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    The last Burger I had from there tasted like a bad sausage patty, I do like the taco's though.
    Did you go to the one near Greenwood Park Mall or the one on the east side??

I tried to go there several times when they first opened but it was like a 45 minute wait. I think the bloom is off the rose because they don't seem crowded now at all.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Elvis Presley had double their chart success. I've said this before and I think it bears repeating:

At one point Billboard's top 5 artists of all time included the Beatles and Paul McCartney and Wings.

If you combined their points, they still didn't equal Elvis. Number 1 was better than 2 and 4 combined.

I guess you can argue that chart success doesn't mean anything, and I'm sure that there are many lists where the Beatles are on top.

But 100 plus top 40 hits all by yourself is pretty tough to beat.
    Sure thing, but Elvis didn't have very strong competition for those spots. Not that The Beatles particularly did either, but it was a bit more by their time.

I'm also more inclined to give the edge to The Beatles, seeing as their music was a bit more artistically sincere, and as such, has remained very relevant even long after their career ended. The Beatles still influence tons of artists.

btw, are those American chart numbers or worldwide charts? I'd never heard that number before.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    I do like the taco's though.
    I know they're awful but I can't resist. I think they're made with magick.

I've eaten at Jack exactly once. Up to now I've assumed I just ordered the wrong item on the menu.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Most contemporary pop music.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

After the Alpha-Beta-Gamma of McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's there's a geographic battle for the Delta spot: Jack-in-the-Box and Carl's in the West, Hardee's in the South and Midwest, Kristal in the Deep South, White Castle on the East Coast.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Sure thing, but Elvis didn't have very strong competition for those spots. Not that The Beatles particularly did either, but it was a bit more by their time.

I'm also more inclined to give the edge to The Beatles, seeing as their music was a bit more artistically sincere, and as such, has remained very relevant even long after their career ended. The Beatles still influence tons of artists.

btw, are those American chart numbers or worldwide charts? I'd never heard that number before.
    If no competition were the case, Franki Valli would have 100 plus Billboard chartings....so would Connie Francis. Brenda Lee.

And Elvis charted all through the 1960s and 1970s...

the charts I cite are US. Over 100 top 100 hits...it's impressive.

I think Elvis is the top selling artist of all time worldwide- over a billion sold.

Having said all that, most of the rock critics would agree with you. It's a parlor game and it's all about taste.

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    Did you go to the one near Greenwood Park Mall or the one on the east side??

I tried to go there several times when they first opened but it was like a 45 minute wait. I think the bloom is off the rose because they don't seem crowded now at all.
    The one in Greenwood, the east side one is impossible to get in and out of.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    If no competition were the case, Franki Valli would have 100 plus Billboard chartings....so would Connie Francis. Brenda Lee.

And Elvis charted all through the 1960s and 1970s...

the charts I cite are US. Over 100 top 100 hits...it's impressive.

I think Elvis is the top selling artist of all time worldwide- over a billion sold.

Having said all that, most of the rock critics would agree with you. It's a parlor game and it's all about taste.
    Not to discount what you've said, but I imagine a lot of that has to do with Elvis being an American artist topping American charts, and the Beatles being the Brit band, Elvis got a head start here, they got theirs back in the UK.

Turn Off Ads?